Creating new Vinylux colours- layering

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lissy00

Reaction score
Hello all.

I am not currently using Shellac so do not have the advantage of knowing which colours layer well. But I bought the intro pack of vinylux and am experimenting layering colours to get more of a range than the 10 in the kit!

Some colours I have found don't change when layered, so just thought I would start this thread to see which colours do layer well, especially from those in the intro kit.

I have personally found Beau to be a real good layer colour on my pop sticks so far. It looked great over Rock Royalty and made Hot Pop Pink a lighter, shimmery shade.

Look forward to your comments xx

The only colours that layer well over opaque VINYLUX. Colours (or Shellac colours over opaque Shellac colours). are the sheers or semi-sheer VINYLUX colours ... Naturally as the underneath colour has to be able to show through!

Consider buying Grapefruit Sparkle is a fab colour for layering with.
Its a lovely semi sheer
Grapefruit Sparkle | CND

Consider buying Grapefruit Sparkle is a fab colour for layering with.
Its a lovely semi sheer
Grapefruit Sparkle | CND

Totally agree, grapefruit sparkle looks fantastic over so many colours from grape gum to strawberry smoothie. A total must have!

As its a nail polish it won't be sheer enough to layer colours. Maybe try creating custom blends?

Latest posts

Back