Creating toenails for clients

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

EllaX

Reaction score
I have just had a call from a lady i did a manicure on last year - yes her birthday has come around again so she is wanting a manicure and this time a pedicure.

However she told me she has had both her toe nails removed and so she normally just paints the skin as there is a feint line where they used to be. She asked if I could create her a couple of nails (which i have said i can) - i hope.

i've done some searches on here and found a number of interesting threads and noted points made on them, but i do have a few questions of my own.

I'm unsure of a price to charge, also roughly how long will they take to do, how long will they last, and how does she remove them and do i retail her a gelbond to stick them on with?

I was planning to put a clear brisa form over her toe - so i can see through it and create one out of acrylic because as far as I am aware this lady has nothing at all for me to sculpt too or try and do what amber (MINKUS) did with silk and gel. I'd prefer to stick to L&P though being an L&P girl!

If there is something to sculpt too - do i apply solar oil to the skin first then just sculpt the nail over the top - will this hold it on or will it pop off and i have to reapply using gelbond - i was reading a thread by geeg about it but was still unsure so thought i'd better ask.

Thanx in advance - i just want to be prepared for whatever questions she may have xxx

That was the thread i read!!
Maybe i'm being a bit slow today but if i do it your way as you describe using solar oil and L&P on the toe - how soon after I have done the nail does it come off? How long does the solar oil/L&P hold for? Do i buff it up on or off the nail? I'm guessing i need to apply it with gelbond before i leave.

Sorry for all the questions, sometimes i feel i need an idiots guide to everything!!:hug:

That was the thread i read!!
Maybe i'm being a bit slow today but if i do it your way as you describe using solar oil and L&P on the toe - how soon after I have done the nail does it come off? How long does the solar oil/L&P hold for? Do i buff it up on or off the nail? I'm guessing i need to apply it with gelbond before i leave.

Sorry for all the questions, sometimes i feel i need an idiots guide to everything!!:hug:

You can make the nail directly onto the dried skin of the toe without using solar OIl .. it will still come off eventually. I can't tell you how long it will last as it varies with different clients. Sometimes even with Solar Oil it will last for 3-4 days and when it comes off, it comes off fairly clean. try it and see how you go. Try it with or without the Oil. You can buff it up on the toe and most likely you won't need gelbond, but the client will.

You can make the nail directly onto the dried skin of the toe without using solar OIl .. it will still come off eventually. I can't tell you how long it will last as it varies with different clients. Sometimes even with Solar Oil it will last for 3-4 days and when it comes off, it comes off fairly clean. try it and see how you go. Try it with or without the Oil. You can buff it up on the toe and most likely you won't need gelbond, but the client will.

Thanx for clarifying that geeg - i understand now xx:hug:

just leaving a bookmark here, would realy like to hear this too :)

I love doing these!

The best one I have found is the Minkus speciality.....

use silk or fibre to build your nail plate first, following any prep that can be done....thin layer of gel over the fabric....cure....

file the free edge and sidewalls into shape and then build your nail....they last for weeks, even with people who have a couple of mm of natural nail.

i do quite a few toe nail reconstructions

i do them as gigi suggested

i clean the nail bed area, lightly drop a tiny amount of oil on the area, apply a bead of l and p, and let it set, then apply another to bring the nail up to the "normal" look for a nail
then i remove ,,, dead easy because of the oil
lightly buff and gloss, polish or french
voila!!
they can apply it when they want to with nail adhesive
i charge 10.00 per toe, if only one or two otherwise i charge in 5.00 increments per toe

this makes a massive difference to peoples lives especially in summer, or if they are going on their holidays
xx hth xx

How long can it stay on the skin, when it is put on with adhensive?? And can they reuse it?? and i should not worrie over putting the L&P directly on the skin?? Sorry for all the questions just want to make sure i get i right :)

How long can it stay on the skin, when it is put on with adhensive?? And can they reuse it?? and i should not worrie over putting the L&P directly on the skin?? Sorry for all the questions just want to make sure i get i right :)

In this case, you should not worry about putting the product on to the skin ... It's not like you will be doing it constantly.

How long the ADHESIVE lasts depends on the client and how much pressure she puts on it. Some last for days, others last much longer.

This is not a permanent nail and should not be used constantly as such. It is a custom made toenail to be used for special occasions, holidays etc for when the toes are exposed in shoes.

Thanks Gigi for clearing this up for me :)

And thank you for taking you time to help somebody like me out and giving me good and useful information and help, you don´t know how much that means to me, that there is a place to go to where i will get the best advise from some of the best in the business, and the fact that it must be borring with all this newbie questions you ar help us out with every day..

A happy eastern to you and your familie :lol:

Charlotte

Hi I think the bit about making a toe nail is great.
Did the person have just skin because thats all I have on both my big toes.
THanks

Latest posts

Back