Creative (CND) Cuticle Remover

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lisaowens

Reaction score
Hi all, After reading rave reviews on here about CND Cuticle Remover, I've brought some even though ezflow prep is dry. If I have another client like I had last night I'll need it !

Can't see it making a difference as long as i was of well anyhow I just wondered how you use it?

When I put it on do I massage in and leave for 3 minutes?

Thank you in advance x

yep, apply a little cuticle remover to each nail, leave for 2 or 3 mins to allow it to do its work, then gently use your cuticle pusher to loosen the cuticle from the nail plate. Remember to rinse off well before continuing on with your prep.

My trainer give me a good tip! Have a little spray bottle with you filled with water and just spray the water on after and whipe it off, rather then send you client to wash her hands!

Its good stuff tho...

xx

I use cuticle eraser with a little solar oil rub in and leave for a few minutes, comes off easy peasy then.

I use cuticle eraser with a little solar oil rub in and leave for a few minutes, comes off easy peasy then.

Have you tried the remover?? Its much better! xx

Have you tried the remover?? Its much better! xx

Sorry I have to disagree with you :green:! It depends on what you trained with - I trained with Cuticle Eraser and do prefer it to Remover...... Both are effective, both do the job just in slightly different ways..... I really think it depends on what you learnt with and are most used to using!

Wouldn't it be boring is we all liked the same things though??!!!

Sorry I have to disagree with you :green:! It depends on what you trained with - I trained with Cuticle Eraser and do prefer it to Remover...... Both are effective, both do the job just in slightly different ways..... I really think it depends on what you learnt with and are most used to using!

Ya probs right cos thats what i trained with (cos my kit was missing eraser)

I use Eraser on myself, just at my desk as its easier then using oil!

What brand pushie do you use? Mine is Designer Nails one but its crap!

What brand pushie do you use? My is Designer Nails one but its crap!
I have one of those, along with other Designer Nails tools and I've got to disagree with you, there's nothing wrong with my pushie.

What is it about it that you don't like?

What brand pushie do you use? My is Designer Nails one but its crap!

Mine is the Designer Nails one as well - the double-ended one - and it's fine. I also use the Probe - so I push the eponychium back with my pushie and then remove the cutcle with my probe - it's fab for getting into the sidewalls and getting the stubborn bits of cuticle off!

hth's

I have one of those, along with other Designer Nails tools and I've got to disagree with you, there's nothing wrong with my pushie.

What is it about it that you don't like?

It just doesnt seam to be sharp enough on the little end! And i feel like a have to push down harder.

I might just have a blunt tool.... xx

Do you have the dual ended pushie?

Which end is it that seems blunt?

Do you have the dual ended pushie?

Which end is it that seems blunt?

Yeah the dual end one!

Its the smaller end that i find plunt! Even after 2mins soak with remover/eraser i feel i am scraping the dead tissue off the nail plate! rather then it just coming off nicely like my other pussie used to (that i have lost, and bought randomly from a wholesalers and cant find another)

xx

Try using it at a slightly different angle, it could be the way you're holding/using it that's the problem.
hth's

Try using it at a slightly different angle, it could be the way you're holding/using it that's the problem.
hth's

Yeah i will, my other one did arch round a bit and this one is just straight so thats what it might be!

Thanks for the tip! xx :green:

I always use cuticle remover as it does the job for me. The bottle lasts for ages so it's also a MUCH cheaper option to use than cuticle eraser :eek:

I was taught that cuticle remover was to basicly disolve the skin off the nail, and that its not something you really don't want on the skin or at least for a long period of time. Cuticle Eraser is for regular maintenance, usually for retail along with solar oil combined to lightly exfoliate the cuticles and moisturize, something that can be used at home for those problem clients, if they are willing..

But I have never thought to use it regularily with my manis or pedis. I just checked CND wesite and they state that Cuticle Eraser is "To help prevent cuticle build-up. Condition skin and prevent hangnails."

But they don't have anything about Cuticle Remover.. Weird..:irked:

Hey guys
I was taught with cnd cuticle remover, but I had cnd eraser in my "kit" on the foundation course. Must admit, I've only every used the eraser to remove hard skin from my feet!!!!!!!!! (works a treat, try it!)

I prefer the remover, and was taught to apply, distribute around cuticle with a pushie,leave 1 min, then remove cuticle with a curette or chisel.

If you use remover, you need to wash it off, in training I was told to have a spray bottle handy for this purpose, and a tip given by my trainer was to add a bit of citrus soak to the water. Helps remove the product, and if your client asks what the lovely smell is......retail opportunity!

what is citrus soak ? can ibuy it ? where from link pls ? x

Citrus Soak is Part of the CND Spa Manicure collection. You should be able to buy it from a CND distributor.

But they don't have anything about Cuticle Remover.. Weird..:irked:
You have to register on the site to view the professional products.

Cuticle Remover:
WHAT IT IS:
A professional strength cuticle remover and callus softener.

WHAT IT DOES:
Dissolves dead skin (cuticle) for easy removal from the nail plate. Breaks down tough calluses. Aloe counterbalances the drying effects of Sodium Hydroxide.

WHY YOU NEED IT:
Allows for quick, easy and thorough nail prep. Provides fast and effective treatment for calluses. Thick formula allows for safe, controlled application.
hth's

Latest posts

Back