creative conversion course?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Oh well done good job you made this thread on the Geek site else you might have missed out!

Good luck let us know how it all goes.

Caz xxx

kerrie-anne said:
Just called CND head office and they told me that i should eb able to do the conversion course straight away but need to call the Glasgow branch again to arrange times and dates. I did speak to the Glasgow branch this am and they told me i had to wait a year hopefully i wont get the same person this time and will be able to say that head office told me that information was incorrect!! Here goes...

Hi Kerrie,

Be sure to mention the name of the person that you spoke to at CND Head Office !

River

Well its all kind of sorted out now some VTCT nail courses are not as indepth as others and they say it depends on what course youve taken. You think they would have checked that this morning but hey its all sorted out now the Aberdeen training tech is going to call me at the begining of August once i have moved to arrange doing the course and i cant wait and in the mean time someone is sending a try me sample:) Thnaks all you guys for your help and advice as usual its all fabxxxxxxxxxx

kerrie-anne said:
Well its all kind of sorted out now some VTCT nail courses are not as indepth as others and they say it depends on what course youve taken. You think they would have checked that this morning but hey its all sorted out now the Aberdeen training tech is going to call me at the begining of August once i have moved to arrange doing the course and i cant wait and in the mean time someone is sending a try me sample:) Thnaks all you guys for your help and advice as usual its all fabxxxxxxxxxx

Glad it is sorted KerrieAnne - sorry for the performance! At least you know how seriously Education is taken!! Best of Luck!! :hug:

kerrie-anne said:
Well its all kind of sorted out now some VTCT nail courses are not as indepth as others and they say it depends on what course youve taken. You think they would have checked that this morning but hey its all sorted out now the Aberdeen training tech is going to call me at the begining of August once i have moved to arrange doing the course and i cant wait and in the mean time someone is sending a try me sample Thnaks all you guys for your help and advice as usual its all fabxxxxxxxxxx

Hi Kerrie-Anne,

I had the same problem but managed to blag it! I passed my NVQ June 04 in Aberdeen and was told the same thing re. the Conversion Course. I explained I'd been training in Sculpts, Tips, Silk and Fibre for the last year etc and they asked me to get my College Lecturer to write a letter on my behalf. She went in past the shop instead (bless her). So I got to do my Conversion Course in Aberdeen (phew) but to be honest, I really did feel I needed more practice and was such a slow coach.

Since doin my course I've never looked back and broke my record yesterday!!! Hoorah, quickest and a mighty fine set at 1hr 05mins - :) .
Creative is 'the mutts' and I would never dream of using anything else..... and once you are used to Retention+, try Moxie, I love it and so do my clients. No lifting at all and the nails are just the best looking ever!

All the best on your move to Bonnie Scotland.

Cheers, Sherry

Hi All,
After reading all the mail I wanted to say that I did a Creative Gel conversion course at Creative in Acton and have never looked back.
This gel is absolutely brilliant and I have now been using it for just over a year. It is so workable, hard wearing, looks so natural on the nail, you can overlay natural nails, do tips or use it in sculpting. (Because it is hyper-allergenic my skin problem has completely gone now).
The course was 1st class and the educater was just brilliant!!
My next venture is to do a course with Ez-flow as I would love to try acrylics and nearly everyone I know have suggested the Ez-Flow course.
I passed my exams 4 years ago and have added other certificates and diplomas along the way. I always buy from the reputable companies (yes I have bourght off E-Bay and have been stung so many times as they DONT always sell what they claim the product to be - SO BE CAREFULL and do it through the companies.
Love Jeannie - lover of Creative

Sherry2k said:
broke my record yesterday!!! Hoorah, quickest and a mighty fine set at 1hr 05mins

I can never imagine doing a full set as quick as this!! still takes me 2 hours on a good day! Do you blend tips, do thorough prep etc? x

Aspirations said:
I can never imagine doing a full set as quick as this!! still takes me 2 hours on a good day! Do you blend tips, do thorough prep etc? x

Hi, I know this is a Conversion post so I'll be brief.

Yes I do all my prep thoroughly. I'm paranoid about that coz about a year ago a client go a fungus on her thumb........ still not 100% it was my fault though. So yes, I make sure all cuticles are pushed back, nail is buffed lightly, scrub freshed and cool blue'd and then I'm off - no messin. Have managed to get my blending down to a fine art too. I have noticed such a difference in my speed also with using Moxie. It sets alot quicker than Rentention+ so you can't play about with it, it has to be right. Scary to start off with but great for the metabolism! ha ha.

Lovin it all.......... Take care. x

so you dont use cuticle remover, citrusoak, dual tool etc. etc....

thats where a lot of my time goes, removing all the non living tissue from the nail plate. once tips are on and blended i know im on the home straight, still takes 2 hours though! might tailor all my tips in my box to shave off a few more minutes.

kerrie-anne said:
hello Mrs Geek

It was maybe the person i spoke to at CND in Glasgow this am but she told me that i was not experienced enough to do the conversion course and that i should apply to do it in a year as my work would be upto the right standard, I didnt want to pay to start from the begining and do the foundation i would love to try a sample as you suggested maybe i just spoke to the wrong person, HELP im totally confused as to who or what i should be doing now!:confused:

Creative accept VCTC qualification and you can do your conversion right away without having to wait a year. Believe me when I say this is true. Glasgow should be no different. Make sure you get what you want.

geeg said:
Creative accept VCTC qualification and you can do your conversion right away without having to wait a year. Believe me when I say this is true. Glasgow should be no different. Make sure you get what you want.
Thanks Geeg for getting to the bottom of this thread. Although I am now a little disappointed. I had some money for my birthday all ready to pay for the course but after being told I would have to wait a year to do the conversion I decided to go out and treat myself to some new clothes.
Nervermind I will get saving, ring Creative for some dates and feel confident that I will look good in my new clobber in the meantime!!!
Kimmie

Latest posts

Back