creative conversion course?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kerrie-anne

Reaction score
Hello fellow nail geeks

I completed my VTCT nail tech course a couple of months ago and last week i finished my VTVT in beauty therapy and boy im i glad! Between that doing clients at home and getting ready to move back to Scotland in 5 weeks life has been hectic to say the least!!!. After my move my next challenge is to start building up clients again and get my own business up and running but what i really need to do is do a conversion course and i was thinking of creative as it seems to be so popular. At the moment i am using the odyssey acrylic and the lightbox gel but just not entirely happy. My acrylics look okay but the pink is not really very pink, im using millenium tips but the natural tips dont look as natural as i would like. I would be grateful of any tips you could give me on getting the most natural looking tips and a nice pink and your thoughts on the creative conversion course xxxxx thanks Do creative do gel as well as acrylic if not any recommendations would be most appreciated:)

Hello,

I can not say anything about Creative as I have never used there product but from the girls on here Creative is a great choice. You asked if they did Gel and they do.

I have just trained with EZFLOW and love it I find it a great L&P with loads of colours to use they also do a Gel.

I am sure you will get loads of good advice from the girls which will help you to know which way to go now.

Caz xxx

Hi, Congratulations on passing your exams!!
I feel very much like you, having passed my VTCT also a couple of months ago. I want to do a conversion course with Creative but have been told that you have to wait 12 months after you qualify. If you ring the Creative Academy - 0113 750 433 you will find that they are very helpful and send you an Academy Folio. This book contains everything you need to know about the courses that they run.
Hope this helps, Good luck
Kimmie

Cant beleive i will have to wait a year to do a conversion i really want to change product alot sooner than that! Do you know if it is a year to wait and do EZFLOW as well? i really want to be using better quality products as it s so unsatisfying went you cant get the nails looking the way you want.:|

I to passed my VTCT a few months ago and enquired at the creative stand at the last show. The lady there said as we passed a VTCT nail course we didn't have to wait 12 months as the course goes in to more detail that what a product course does.

Hope this is right and answers your question.

Both Ezflow and Creative do sample kits, why don't you give them a try? Find out which you prefer working with. As both companies are great for products and training, you can't go far wrong.
Hope this helps

Thanks you guys just had a quick look on ebay and i can probably but some small trail size kits that wont cost the earth, im going to give them a go and call creative tomorrow to find out how long it takes to do a conversion, hopefully they will run one in inverness but knowing my luck will probably end up having to travel 100 miles or so!!:)

kerrie-anne said:
Thanks you guys just had a quick look on ebay and i can probably but some small trail size kits that wont cost the earth, im going to give them a go and call creative tomorrow to find out how long it takes to do a conversion, hopefully they will run one in inverness but knowing my luck will probably end up having to travel 100 miles or so!!:)

Hi ya,
The CND induction course is a day spend using your chosen system.......this includes the kit, so this is a good deal...........plus you get your indiction manual and induction certificate..
As for getting trial kits for CND or EZflow of ebay, I wouldn't........ I just checked a listing for this and it is dearer then the trial kit from CND and the postage is a £1 which means it is not send via the correct route.....and highly illegal........monomer is flamable and cost more than £1 in postage to send, so the seller is breaking the law and whats more doesn't care about it... this is something that has been posted about at great length here in the forums.....
I would get the trial kits direct from the companies because any questions with regards to the products will be answered by them, both EZflow and CND have Technical support.....
JMHO
Good luck xxx

I have just called CND and they think i will still have to wait a year to do the conversion course. If you do their foundation course you can use their products straight away i dont see how their training in the foundation course is any different than doing the VTCT apart from the products being used surley the basics are the same!! I think its sounds a bit off personaly and dont see why i should wait a year to change so that my nails are at a high enough standard for them, do they have to be at a high enough standard to do the foundation course?! Think i will be buying my products off of ebay after all.:|

Hi Kerrie,

Having personally done a VTCT course, I can guarantee you that the training you will receive from CND will be a 100 times better.

All you have to do is read some of the stuff that has been said about the VTCT courses on here, the training is pants and trust me, you would have learned nothing from them !

By buying products of Ebay, you will be defeating the object and you would be wasting more of your money. No. 1 you don't know that the products being sold on Ebay are REALLY CND products - could be any old thing that's been put in CND containers, and also, you wouldn't have the product knowledge to work with it and get the best out of it.

I know how it feels to want everything now and not being able to wait, but trust me, it would be worth your while !

River

Have you looked up to see if you can do the EZFLOW conversion course I am really happy with Ezflow and I know many of others on hear are also happy with the training and products of Ezflow.

I did a 3 day course with them for the L&P but this was my choice I had already done a 4 day course with the Herts and Essex but wanted to do more than a conversion which was 1 day also they had a great offer on if you did the 3 days which was a free kit so well worth every penny. I also wanted to work with a well known product I tried some Ezflow loved it so went with them.

If you do buy creative items from ebay to use you are not going to have the diploma/certificate to show that you have this training are you? I am sure that this is what you would also like to have more certificates to display to your clients.

Caz xxx:)

kerrie-anne said:
I have just called CND and they think i will still have to wait a year to do the conversion course. If you do their foundation course you can use their products straight away i dont see how their training in the foundation course is any different than doing the VTCT apart from the products being used surley the basics are the same!! I think its sounds a bit off personaly and dont see why i should wait a year to change so that my nails are at a high enough standard for them, do they have to be at a high enough standard to do the foundation course?! Think i will be buying my products off of ebay after all.:|

Try EzFlow as they have exceptional training and support and really great products. Also you don't have to have done a year or 18 months like Creative want.

xxxxxxxxx

Once again MISCONCEPTIONS because the information is NOT COMING FROM Academy Sales!!

IF you have done VCTC you can do the Induction course as you can with an NVQ qualification - these are government certs and we must honour those.

The number for Academy Sales is 0113 275 0433 (Kimmi missed out a number) and if you want a try-me - email me at [email protected] - this is TWO TIMES AWARD WINNING education... Education is NOT a program with us - IT IS OUR CULTURE!! That is what we do and that is what we love doing... IF YOU WANT ANY info regarding courses, please call those in the know!! - The Academy Sales Department!! The Academy Advisers will partner with you to make sure that you get the perfect course for you. An FYI - BRISA is the name of the Gel from CND - Many Thanks!!! :cool:

hello Mrs Geek

It was maybe the person i spoke to at CND in Glasgow this am but she told me that i was not experienced enough to do the conversion course and that i should apply to do it in a year as my work would be upto the right standard, I didnt want to pay to start from the begining and do the foundation i would love to try a sample as you suggested maybe i just spoke to the wrong person, HELP im totally confused as to who or what i should be doing now!:confused:

Hi Kerrie,

Call CND Head Office as recommended by Mrs Geek on 0113 275 5719 and they will put you on the straight and narrow :)

River

i was told the same thing, i can apply to do the conversion after a year, i was a bit sad about it as i have the money now to do it i did the foundation course in feb with k,sa,ra and im doing my nvq at the moment so wanted to get the conversoin done, it is all very confusing

kerrie-anne said:
hello Mrs Geek

It was maybe the person i spoke to at CND in Glasgow this am but she told me that i was not experienced enough to do the conversion course and that i should apply to do it in a year as my work would be upto the right standard, I didnt want to pay to start from the begining and do the foundation i would love to try a sample as you suggested maybe i just spoke to the wrong person, HELP im totally confused as to who or what i should be doing now!:confused:

Or 0113 275 0433 (Academy Sales).

River

Mrs Geek said:
The number for Academy Sales is 0113 275 0433 (Kimmi missed out a number) and if you want a try-me - email me at [email protected] - this is TWO TIMES AWARD WINNING education...
Kerrie,

If you want a 'try-me'kit' e-mail Samantha at her e-mail address above.

Like it has been said why not get a couple of try me kits creative, Ezflow see what you think of them then go from there.

Let us know how you get on.

Caz xxx

Just called CND head office and they told me that i should eb able to do the conversion course straight away but need to call the Glasgow branch again to arrange times and dates. I did speak to the Glasgow branch this am and they told me i had to wait a year hopefully i wont get the same person this time and will be able to say that head office told me that information was incorrect!! Here goes...

Latest posts

Back