Creative open day at Fingertips Edinburgh

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jackie1

Reaction score
Hi,

We had a fab day today with F squared aka Fiona and Fee, great name Samantha, at the fingertips centre in edinburgh.
For anyone who hasn't met GiGi and Samantha they are very down to earth and approachable ladies who spent all day doing demos and chatting with us all. Everyone appreciated the fact you both took the time to come up and spend the day with us.

Thanks Fiona,Fee and Heather :hug:

Glad you good day.

I have only met mum Fiona and she is a star.

We have to say what a truly wonderful and interesting day you all gave us...thanks to all who attended...you have inspired us so very much -we're already planning the next one!!!!!! :hug:

Well we had geeks from as far away as Inverness and Aberdeen quite a few from Glasgow and of course Edinburgh ....

We were all buzzing and fizzing by the end of the day and 10-6 is a long time to stay but most were there for the whole day which was very gratifying. We all loved it.

Events like this are so much better than shows where you never have a chance to really talk and to discuss issues.

Thanks to Fi and wee Fi for the very nice lunch provided for everyone and the hospitality extended to Samantha and me.

Young Fiona gave the most superb demos using Brisa gels and mixing superb colours for permanent polish using the Brisa Bolds. She is a real master at this. Plus her sculpted gel nails were to die for.

Thanks to everyone who took the time out to come and see us ... we know it wasn't easy for many to drive so far but it was a beautiful evening to drive home. I think the drive South on the M74 - M6 is one of the most beautiful in the country. :hug:

I was there for the whole day and it was worth the early start and late night.

Fi did some fantastic demos which I am a proud owner of 3 :lol:
Gig and Samantha are fabulous ladies they spent so much time chatting with everyone.
I enjoyed the whole day and the spread put on was gorgeous Fiona did a wonderful job I cant wait for the next one xxxxx

Events like this are so much better than shows where you never have a chance to really talk and to discuss issues.

I totally agree with this.

As a company it will save the otherwise very expensive costs of renting a stand. That money can then be put back into the business to making it better for their clients.

For the nail techs, it is a fantastic opportunity for them to get to know their products and suppliers better, meet some of the greatest educators in the industry, have the chance to learn from them and be inspired.

Best of all, it can regulates who attends and not allowing any tom, dik and harry buying professional products. Everyone who attends is there for the right reasons.

It is a win-win situation and everyone benefits. Well, apart from the organisers of the shows themselves..!!:lol:

Now.... when is the next trip to London planned...?? :D

Last edited:
OK when i manage to stop hitting myself...dooohhh i cant believe i left the UK before this event i am really jealous and would have loved to have been there:cry:... well i hope i will catch you all at the next one.. and yes they are all terrific ladies...

Keep up the great work you all do and cant wait to catch up with you all next time im back in the UK.:hug:

Last edited:
I agree with everything that was said above. Great day oot, went to buy a pair o scissors for a tenner, left 140 quid lighter!!
Still have my french nail on (wifes doin her nut!):green:

Sam n Gigi n Fiona x2 have got me all fired up now, back to practice practice practice!
Can't wait for next training days
Ty all involved :green:

Last edited:
I too agree with the comments regarding the difference between going to a show and what happened yesterday at Creative in Edinburgh.

I hope nobody minds me saying this but I feel as though I have had 8 hours of the best training EVER absolutely FREE. It was non-stop all day from one end of the room over to the other between Gigi and Wee Fee. When there were any short breaks Fiona and Sam Sweet were giving us loads of advice and support (I really needed it!). I can't believe I nearly didn't go:rolleyes:

I feel so confident now that I'm going to be really successfull in this industry, thank-you so much to everyone, I really mean it:hug:

I made loads of new friends too, everybody was great, thank-you, thankl-you, thank-you:hug:

Please, pretty please, can we have more of the same? Soon?

I can only reiterate what Geeg and Fiona have said. I love doing events like this because of the personal opportunities that it gives you which can often be so difficult during the 'show' experience (although I love the show expereince too).

Anyway it was great to meet everyone and I am so glad you all walked away inspired - we certainly did! :hug:

Thanks again to everyone who came along on Monday, I had a lot of fun and it sounds like you guys did too! :)

These events are a great opportunity to pass on a taste of the information and education normally reserved for for CND Academy classes.

I'm always especially interested to hear how you techs are getting on in your day to day working experience. This kind of feedback helps us improve the standard and relevance of our training courses.

Keep up the good work geeks!
Thank you all, looking forward to seeing you again soon.
:D

I learned how to do Brisa toes, french, from WeeFee :hug: on Monday at the open day and have done 1 pal and 2 clients since.

They LOVE them and I'm so chuffed, the second client gave me a fiver tip:lol:

I'm going to do more feet now and will def do the spa pedicure course as I didn't realise how much I could increase my businesss this way, since I came home I have talked to all my clients and almost all of them said they want to try it:)

A big cheers to everyone who was there it was great to meet you all and I hope it happens again soon.

Finally registered on this thanks to the people that I met on Monday at the open day....

Planned on going for an hour and was GUTTED I had to leave...I had no idea how much I would learn!

Thanks so much to everyone, but especially Fee as I didnt realise how wonderful Brisa colours and shimmers were, if i'm being honest it seemed like a whole load of hassle until Fee showed me how easy it was and what brillant results you could get really quickly...

Cant wait for the next open day...anybody know when its going to be :)

Jo x

Latest posts

Back