Creative white tips?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

teresajay

Reaction score
Could someone advise me on how you apply creatives french tips, you probably think its a stupid question but I am going to use them on my sister and I just wanted to check, is it the same as applying any other tip. Any handy tips would be useful.:confused:

white velocity are fab... erm... i usually cut the well to create a better smile line- some folk even put white powder over the top to get a mega crisp finish.... I was taught on one course you can blend them- seems like a waste of time to me on a white tip..... don't know what everyone else does.... thats just us in our salon...... white tips look brilliant done properly especially if the model has nice long nail plates...

White tips are good to use to give you a guide line for your white L&P, or to just use and put clear over the top. I also take a little of the well area out as well, but it does depend on the length of the nail bed you are applying them to.

Ive got creative radical white tips, (thanks for the advice), my sisters nails are quite short but not bitten, so shall I leave the length of the well as it is and just blend in. I have just tried one on my own nail and it seemed that as I was blending, the white bit of the well was fading to just leave the tip which looked really nice but is this correct or am I blending too much and if not wont it look funny. Sorry for being a div!

teresajay said:
Ive got creative radical white tips, (thanks for the advice), my sisters nails are quite short but not bitten, so shall I leave the length of the well as it is and just blend in. I have just tried one on my own nail and it seemed that as I was blending, the white bit of the well was fading to just leave the tip which looked really nice but is this correct or am I blending too much and if not wont it look funny. Sorry for being a div!

Hi Love

There is no need to blend white tips just file or cut out some of the well to create a deeper smile line and then buff off the shine and away you go.

Good luck
Dawnie xx

teresajay said:
I wouldn't bother with blending ... just cut the well out until all that is left is the same length as the free edge .. even if it is only a sliver!

Use a really fast set adhesive like SpeedBond and adhere the tip to the free edge so that the tip makes your smile line. No blending, no fuss, quick and easy. This is the way we at cnd teach how to use the Radical Frenchtip which was the first french tip on the market. It works.

gosh yes- they are called radical french arent they? why did i call them velocity? it was a question on my creative test paper too... welll i am getting on a bit now.....

RAQUEL said:
gosh yes- they are called radical french arent they? why did i call them velocity? it was a question on my creative test paper too... welll i am getting on a bit now.....
I think you will find that the Radical French is the 'white tip' version of Velocity!!!! :D HTH

Thanks everyone, I will follow your advice Gigi it will be a lot quicker. I dont know what I'd do without this website , whenever Ive got a question there is always plenty of advice, brilliant! :) :)

Latest posts

Back