Crete in September?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lyddy

Reaction score
We've booked to go to Crete at the end of September with our toddler. Starting to panic about what to pack now! Looking at travel websites its pretty mild at that time of year.

Has anyone else been there in September? What was the weather like? Should I be packing jackets and cardigans?

I know its not the same but we went to turkey in october last year and our daughter was only 20 weeks old. It was very warm and she spent most days in just a nappy. Night times a summer outfit & slept in just a vest. I did take a couple of cardis just in case but didn't need them. The most valuable thing I took was a tube of washing liquid so I could wash stuff if I needed to. And I'm still taking milton tablets when we go next month to clean her beakers as I don't trust the water a bit ott maybe but I'd rather be safe than sorry. Xx

Sent from my GT-I9100 using SalonGeek mobile app

I know its not the same but we went to turkey in october last year and our daughter was only 20 weeks old. It was very warm and she spent most days in just a nappy. Night times a summer outfit & slept in just a vest. I did take a couple of cardis just in case but didn't need them. The most valuable thing I took was a tube of washing liquid so I could wash stuff if I needed to. And I'm still taking milton tablets when we go next month to clean her beakers as I don't trust the water a bit ott maybe but I'd rather be safe than sorry. Xx

Taking Milton is a good idea! I never thought of that.

Our little boy will be 23months. How was your daughter on the plane? We've been picking up little coloring books and stickers for the journey, I doubt he'll sleep on the plane!

Hi my boyfriend & I went to Crete last year for 2 weeks end of September into October, where abouts are you going in Crete? We were in Stalis (in between Malia & Hersonisos)
From what I can remember the evenings were pretty mild, just had a flick through our holiday pics in the evening I seemed to wear summer dresses, shorts with little tops and maxi dresses I wore a little cardie some nights but not every night. My boyfriend wore jeans and t shirts in the evenings. Can't help with what to recommend for toddler I don't have kids! Anyway hope this helps a little can't exactly remember the weather I've got a terrible memory but just from looking through our holiday pics :)

She was fine on the flight. Whined a bit going up and coming down with I assume the pressure but slept most of it. I'm not looking forward to the flight this year as she'll be 16 months and hates being held for a long time. And has just started having tantrums! I plan on taking books, toys etc to keep her amused. With the milton we took a container (pack it with your knickers or whatever so its not taking up space) and glad we did as the sink in our room had no plug so we used the container to sterilise. Xx

Latest posts

Back