Crisscross cross lashes?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tammythunder

Reaction score
I'm about to embark on my 2nd set of individual lashes but I'm really worried as the lady has lashes that go in all directions... Any advice please as I'm really worried :-(

not really a lot you can do. the lashes you apply will go criss cross the same as hers. Some people advise to try and straighten her lash but i find that call cause discomfort as it can tug (like when you do a ponytail and one little piece of hair gets caught and stings?)

I get this situation a lot, and when the client turns up i tell them what the lashes will look like. If this isnt what they want, and they want straight lashes, i advise that i do express lashes. Explain that dont last as long, but they will be straight as this is a process where you get an individual lash extension, dip it in glue and just sit it on top of her lashes, not seperating and applying a lash to each natural eyelash.
This way, when you apply the lashes you can apply them straight.

any other q's dont hesitate to ask x

There is actually quite a few ways to deal with this.

The most basic thing is to use a heated curler to comb through the lashes. This straightens them out a bit and makes it easier to work but the effect doesn't last and, as the lash goes back to it's original direction the extension will go with it.

The most effective solution is to perm the lashes first. This works exceptionally well.

Another thing is to use correctional lashing techniques. These come with experience. I'll try to explain.

Isolate a lash as normal. If it bends round to one side, just use a very fine extension that isn't too long. Just attach it to the base of the lash (don't let it follow the curve of the natural lash) and hold it in the right direction til it dries. The bonding area isn't very big so thats why you can't use a long/heavy lash

If there are lashes at either side that grow correctly, they will help hold it in place too.

I have had great success with this method.

Just look on it as an exciting challenge! Good luck

There is actually quite a few ways to deal with this.

The most basic thing is to use a heated curler to comb through the lashes. This straightens them out a bit and makes it easier to work but the effect doesn't last and, as the lash goes back to it's original direction the extension will go with it.

The most effective solution is to perm the lashes first. This works exceptionally well.

Another thing is to use correctional lashing techniques. These come with experience. I'll try to explain.

Isolate a lash as normal. If it bends round to one side, just use a very fine extension that isn't too long. Just attach it to the base of the lash (don't let it follow the curve of the natural lash) and hold it in the right direction til it dries. The bonding area isn't very big so thats why you can't use a long/heavy lash

If there are lashes at either side that grow correctly, they will help hold it in place too.

I have had great success with this method.

Just look on it as an exciting challenge! Good luck

This is exactly what I do!

I always perm them first or suggest express x

Sent from my GT-S5670 using SalonGeek

Thanks ladies.... She already has long dark lashes so I did suggest she just have them permed ( which I don't do ) but she really wanted extensions! I might just give the express lash a try. Would you use this method on all lashes or just the 'wonky' ones?

Thanks ladies.... She already has long dark lashes so I did suggest she just have them permed ( which I don't do ) but she really wanted extensions! I might just give the express lash a try. Would you use this method on all lashes or just the 'wonky' ones?

I would do it on all. Its kind of pointless in my opinion doing a mix hun. X

Sent from my GT-S5670 using SalonGeek

Apologies for jumping in on your thread tammythunder, but just wanted to ask - nietta you said about doing express lashes by the placement of individual lashes on top, I've been doing individual eyelash extensions for 3 years now and am absolutely fine with it, lots of happy clients with no problems. Ive thought of offering express and just wondered if I need to do another course for this or if I use all of my individual eyelash extension products but just adapt my method?

Thanks

Heather

Id also like to find out about express lashes!

Hi Ladies, as far as I’m aware if you are all ready trained in sp lashes you can go on a conversion course to learn the application. I know this is what I will need to do if I want to offer this as a service and keep my insurers happy. I’m not a beauty therapist, trained in nought but sp lashes so can’t even offer party lashes. :sad: xx

Latest posts

Back