Cruise ship tattoo policies

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HannahMcg

Reaction score
Hi I am hoping to work on cruise ships but I have a tattoo on my foot and the back of my knee and neck. I was wondering what the tattoo policy is on the cruise ships and whether they will accept me with tattoos I know I could probably cover up my foot one and the back of my knee with tights or pants but the back of my neck might be more noticeable as you have to wear hair up. Was wondering if anyone could help me out if they knew so I don't waste my time applying for them to get turned down...:cry:

thankyou!! xxx

What stops you calling the company and asking what the policies are regarding tattoos? Then you will know for sure.

Tattooed ladies were not the desired image when I was a air hostess for gulf air, (would of got the sack). They were banned when I knew girls that went on the ships but things might of changed, may be in a thomsons, easy cruise type ship you will be ok. The more prestigious ships you might be pushing it. Why anyone wants this body art is beyond me! Good luck!

I just want to add I google Steiner no tattoo and this forum came up. I would read it before signing up. I remember it was tough from other girls who did it, it still seems to be slave labour.

I applied for Steiner before but it does say on the application form about tattoos! If they're on show and can't be hidden its a no go! My friend has just finished her contract with them and from what I've heard its not easy or glamorous lol!!

Sent from my Vodafone 875 using SalonGeek mobile app

Tattooed ladies were not the desired image when I was a air hostess for gulf air, (would of got the sack). They were banned when I knew girls that went on the ships but things might of changed, may be in a thomsons, easy cruise type ship you will be ok. The more prestigious ships you might be pushing it. Why anyone wants this body art is beyond me! Good luck!

Don't you do tattooed make-up?

:confused:

My friend has just finished her contract with them and from what I've heard its not easy or glamorous lol!!

Indeed, but it is an invaluable experience, and once on your CV it makes a very good impression on future employers.

Yes defiantly a once in a life time experience!! If I could go back to having no commitments I would of!! :)

Sent from my Vodafone 875 using SalonGeek mobile app

If it is that big a thing for you to work on one the camoflage makeup can do wonders! There is. An amazing video of Zombie Boy on YouTube showing how effective it is.

Don't you do tattooed make-up?

:confused:

There is a big difference between tattooed eyebrows and "Jayden" scripted down yer arm or a "be strong moto" or the likes on your wrist, star, Chinese (or the tattooist version of Chinese for love" on your ankle, Celtic band, butterflies and worst of all cartoon characters hardly portray prestigious ship sophistication. But may be I'm wrong and they're the height of good taste! So sincerest apologises if I have offended you I'm sure you all have really tasteful tattoos, just employers are being nasty to the working class!

There is a big difference between tattooed eyebrows and "Jayden" scripted down yer arm or a "be strong moto" or the likes on your wrist, star, Chinese (or the tattooist version of Chinese for love" on your ankle, Celtic band, butterflies and worst of all cartoon characters hardly portray prestigious ship sophistication. But may be I'm wrong and they're the height of good taste! So sincerest apologises if I have offended you I'm sure you all have really tasteful tattoos, just employers are being nasty to the working class!

What makes you think it's only the working classes who have tattoos?!

You say you dont mean to offend but i have to wonder if your actually reading what you write BEFORE you post it.

I dont think your showing yourself in the best light.

Your coming across like those people who think what we do is easy and isnt a real job....

:what:

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

Prestigious ship sophistication, that was my favourite part of your post. Eternalscot you really are so incredibly rude at times! To the point where it's amusing. Please indulge my curiousity though, are you bored? Is that why you intentionally antagonise? :-D a tattoo is a tattoo, no matter where it is on the body you joker. I bet you call it semi permanent aswell, sophisticated brow tattooing lol.

It's the working class being the tattoo'd ones I almost choked with laughter on, so for the likes of Paris Hilton who probably has more money than she knows what to do with , is therefore working class because she has a tattoo ,ha would love it if a member of the royal family came out as having a bit of ink lol or should I say laugh out loud not to be too working class and yes I have two tattoos that are only on show if I want them to be !

Ugh, you are so rude.

Can't you just ignore the threads about tattoos? Everyone is painfully aware of your views and I for one am tired of reading your offensive comments.

You don't like them, we get it, there's really no need to persistently insult those who have them.

Instead of allowing this thread to divert and go belly up, why don't we keep to the OP's question about whether or not peeps are allowed to work on Cruise ships with tattoos?

I would agree with what has been suggested in that you should probably contact the company directly and ask. Also as already mentioned, cosmetic covering of tattoos is possible with the right makeup although I imaging it would be time consuming on a daily basis.

Eternalscot has been banned (again) so no need to turn this into an argument :) with any luck she won't be back.

I personally don't see peoples problems with tattoos :/ but as another poster has said, camouflage make-up is probably the best way to go if you can't hide them xx

Latest posts

Back