Crushed shells smile line

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

daredevil

Reaction score
Hi

Ive searched the site to find answer to this, and there are lots of threads about the shells, and how to mix...

But how do you get a crisp smile? I use gel, and find it easiest to apply gel on tip, then "dip" my finger into the shells, then tab finger, cure, and "drizzle" gel on top and cure.

But I never get nice smiles doing it this way. Its like the shells just wont "make a line" if you get what I mean?

If this is in a previus thread, please link me to it.

Can you belive it, I was just sitting down and thinking to myself how do you get a smile line with shells. I use L&P.

I am sorry I can't help you with the gel, as I'm an L&P user.
What I do to get a crisp smile line with my shells is; I use the reverse method (apply zones 2&3) then I butt the shells upto the ledge this has created.
I mix my shell with my powder, as I find this easier too.
Then cap with clear.
HTH

thanks Jo cant wait to try. xx

When I do a smile line with crushed shell and gel, I first put on a thin layer of gel, which I do not cure, than I dip my brush into the shells and spread the them evenly over the free edge with the brush (if necessairy I also use an orangewood stick). I clean my brush and with the clean brush I push the shell to create a smile line. Because the gel is not cured the shells will stick to the nail, yet they still are 'movable'. After the desired smile line is made, cure the gel and finish the nails as usual.

Hope this helps.

Louise G

NoticeableNails said:
I am sorry I can't help you with the gel, as I'm an L&P user.
What I do to get a crisp smile line with my shells is; I use the reverse method (apply zones 2&3) then I butt the shells upto the ledge this has created.
I mix my shell with my powder, as I find this easier too.
Then cap with clear.
HTH

i also mix my shell with clear powder. hth

Hi, i usually use different tips when using crushed shells because i find them a pain too. NSI do fin tips which have got a little ridge that you can push them upto.....i know this is kinda cheating but it gives great results!!

Hope this helps

Latest posts

Back