Crystal geeks, how do I crystalise this skull?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sarahrose14

Reaction score
i'm looking for advice on how to crystalise this skull, its made of plastic and i'm wondering whats the best glue and method to use?

Attachments

• 045.jpg
    045.jpg
    51.3 KB · Views: 225
I use E6000 and that holds the crystals on well and dries clear.

I have put crystals on sunglasses, photo frames and a few other ornaments etc..

My advice is lay out your crystals and work on small areas at a time so that the glue doesn't dry on you before you get to stick the crystals on.

Hi,
A heated crystal wand tool will do it quickly and easily. I would advise choosing larger size crystals (SS16 and upwards) otherwise you gonna look the same as him by the time youve finished!! You dont need to spend alot around £20 for one. I only use swarovski crystals but that will work out very expensive, but the heated wand doesnt even burn the delicate silk and lace fabrics I heat the crystals on to, (I personalise christening outfits). There are a lot of cheaper hot fix rhinestones out there you can buy in bulk to keep cost down. Good Luck would love to see finished result.

I dont crystalise things (not got the patience or creativity lol), so cannot offer any advice, but I am looking forward to seeing the results of the skull - methinks it is going to look amazing!

Just out of interest, may I ask why you are crystalizing it? Is it for a client, marketing material, etc ........ or just because you want to practice? :Love:

I dont crystalise things (not got the patience or creativity lol), so cannot offer any advice, but I am looking forward to seeing the results of the skull - methinks it is going to look amazing!

Just out of interest, may I ask why you are crystalizing it? Is it for a client, marketing material, etc ........ or just because you want to practice? :Love:

I second this! i cant help but i'd love to see it finished, please post a photo when it's done x

There's no real reason for crystallising it except I'm a little obsessed with skulls and crystals so thought I'd combine the 2.

I use E6000 and that holds the crystals on well and dries clear.

I have put crystals on sunglasses, photo frames and a few other ornaments etc..

My advice is lay out your crystals and work on small areas at a time so that the glue doesn't dry on you before you get to stick the crystals on.

Do you take the shine off the plastic first? X

I've never roughed up the items before crystalising them. I have found they stick just fine without it.

Latest posts

Back