Crystal Nails like these..

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Has anyone else had a go yet with resin etc?

I have got to say that mine have stayed pretty much stuck using Gelez, though I must stress that the entire nail / crystals should be well oiled twice per day, really really well oiled. This helps them keep the sparkle and of course also moisture!
Only on my toes, 2 weeks + on & stuck solid!

Oooh amaze... did you use resin for yours? Bet they look pretty!
Yes, I use resin they stick great as you know & no loss of shine as you'd get with a top coat! Would post a pic but can never do it lol! Also I havnt oiled mine as I wanted to see what happened if a client didn't.

Yes, I use resin they stick great as you know & no loss of shine as you'd get with a top coat! Would post a pic but can never do it lol! Also I havnt oiled mine as I wanted to see what happened if a client didn't.

Its ok about the pics, it can be sooo fiddley :D

I did the same with no oiling and the product started to get dull, and ridgid too... so that is the gel polish result my end! Keep me posted on oil situation with the resin.

I must try resin too and see if I find any difference, I am so glad they stuck for you, yay! :)

This was my first set ( multi coloured ) plastic rhinestones lasted 8 weeks using bio sculpture gel
After base gel X 2 I placed
Clear onto
Nails placed rhinestones then set under uv and finished with sealer gel the second lot are Swarovski with Rockstar tips x just done today

Attachments

• ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1317937232.223133.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1317937232.223133.jpg
    35.9 KB · Views: 1,530
  • ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1317937341.974647.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1317937341.974647.jpg
    34.9 KB · Views: 222
  • ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1317937373.208596.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1317937373.208596.jpg
    39.4 KB · Views: 1,512
i must learn to upload pics on here. i have done a crystal mani & pedi. used gelicure step 1, 2 and base. then silver normal polish , silver glitter polish, gelicure top coat. cured and wiped then applied 1.8mm, 2.2mm, 3mm and 4mm sc spaced out like in original pic stuck on with the edge glue, then used asp top coat & nail art sealer. never loose a crystal, they grow out, rather than fall off

Well I today have done one foot with resin and the other foot with gel bond to see if there is any difference in last ability, time will tell !
they are not over sparkly but I did only use cheap gems that I picked up in sallys does anyone know if I had done it with swarovski's would they have a better sparkle ?

Ok if anyone is interested I was gardening to day with wellies on and have lost a few on my foot with resin but gel bond are still good . The main problem I have found is the ones on my little toe have really dug in on the next toe so much it's made it bleed ! Ow ! X

This was my first set ( multi coloured ) plastic rhinestones lasted 8 weeks using bio sculpture gel
After base gel X 2 I placed
Clear onto
Nails placed rhinestones then set under uv and finished with sealer gel the second lot are Swarovski with Rockstar tips x just done today

They look lovely! 8 weeks is a fab result :)

It is really interesting to see everyones replies, @nikkisbeauty- the toes digging in does not sound good, maybe apply smaller crystals or double top coat to take the edge off?

For anyone using resin or acrylic crystals, it helps when removing to buff as much of the crystal surface away with a file before soaking .. about to do another set tonight with a better layout on all of the nails, rather than just tester nails :)

Last edited:
Just had to find this thread again to comment lol! Did some ring fingers like these today I put the crystals over a mix of silver glitter acrylic, loved them they were fab, wish I could post pics!! :D

WOW I hope one day I can create lovley nails like these

Latest posts

Back