Crystal pedicure with just nail polish

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tracyjayne

Reaction score
Hi I was just wondering if u can do a crystal pedicure just with nail polish as I don't do gel or shellac I have used top coat for the odd rhinestone but wondered if it would last just or would it not be worth my time x

You'd need something stronger than topcoat for that many crystals I think. You could perhaps try using a very strong nail glue such as gel bond, but the weakness there would be glueing onto polish which will chip away from the free edge. I suppose you could glue straight onto the nail. I wouldn't expect them to last for weeks though, maybe one?

I'd do it on myself as I could do repairs easily but I'm not sure I'd charge clients for this as the length of time they'll last, people won't pay that much for & it's not worth your time!

Thanks it was just for myself I have a wedding and wearing strappy sandles and thought I might give it a try thanks for ur help x

The problem you will have is that your polish will dry before you can get all your crystals on, and also they wont last very long.

Some people use resin to attach them to the bare toenail, perhaps give that a try?

I have done this in the past (on myself and on my friend Sian who is always very willing to have her nails done and even ended up with a special twist on a french manicure being named after her on my treatment menu!) with really great results in terms of staying power, although a) very difficult to get off and b) dulls the finish of the crystals.
Here's how I did it:
Dry manicure followed by a squeak of remover.
Base coat
Clear nail polish - I applied this using dreadful technique, I basically swiped a line across the bottom of the toenail and quickly applied the crystals to that area using an orange stick. Then repeated this one line swipe and apply until I finished. In fact, at the time I used some cheep rubbish NYC stuff but it really did the job well.
Leave to dry for several minutes
Top coat
Top coat
They lasted for about 3 weeks before they needed to be cut but my friend Sian cut hers with hers on and said they lasted so well. She texted me after 3 weeks to say one crystal had fallen off.

Not as good as curing them with (insert product of choice) but worked for me. Not convinced you should try this on clients though.x

Thanks lilypip I might give it a try was just going to do it on myself anyway got some lovely caviar colour beads so now I'm torn between the both now lol x

Latest posts

Back