Crystal toes with Calgel

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sassy32

Reaction score
Does anyone use calgel to do a crystal pedicure? Just wondering how people do it, when I just put a few on I set thence in the clear gel then cure but would this still work if im covering the whole toe - would the gel still cure covered with crystals?

Does anyone use calgel to do a crystal pedicure? Just wondering how people do it, when I just put a few on I set thence in the clear gel then cure but would this still work if im covering the whole toe - would the gel still cure covered with crystals?

Yes it will.

I use Bio Sculpture which is almost identical to Calgel (the Calgel name was born from a split with BS).

I apply a clear gel layer and cure and then working on one toe at a time apply clear gel fairly thick (but obviously not so thick that it will cause lifting) and set the crystals into the gel and cure.

On my own feet I never apply a clear gel to seal them in but I do for my clients.

Uber shine and sparkle and they will last 6 or 7 weeks.

I use Swarovski Xillion Rose cut crystals

Thank you for your reply I will try this on my own toes first!! So when you say about using the clear gel to seal them in do you mean once you put the crystals on and cured them do you put a coat of clear over and cure that? Are those crystals expensive? I was just going to experiment with my rhinestones for now onmy own toes

Thank you for your reply I will try this on my own toes first!! So when you say about using the clear gel to seal them in do you mean once you put the crystals on and cured them do you put a coat of clear over and cure that? Are those crystals expensive? I was just going to experiment with my rhinestones for now onmy own toes

Hi Sassy,

Yes, you can seal them if you wish to, it's probably better to seal them on your clients because you're adding an extra layer of protection. They don't necessarily HAVE to be, though I believe most would finish with another layer of clear. (Which I do when I use rhinestones myself).

Nicola

I have in the past sealed them and this take the bling away. I much prefer not to deal afterwards. I don't really loose many, if I do I will just glue one in place

Thanks everyone can't wait to try it!! Has anyone done them different colours or just clear?

I use the aurora Borrealis (AB) and they are amazing.

You could use coloured crystals if you wish though.

If you use the Swarovski crystals and seal them in they will lose maybe 15% of the shine and sparkle.

If you use cheaper rhinestones and seal them you will almost without exception lose lots of shine sparkle!

xxx

Where do you get them and are they expensive?

I get mine from Scatter Crystals.

I buy the factory pack which contain 1400 crystals, you need to check out the website for the prices.

Ok thanks I'll have a look

Latest posts

Back