Cuccio nail lacquer?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

profbeau

Reaction score
I'm looking for some feedback from users of this range. I picked up "fusionista" on impulse from my local suppliers.

I have been wearing it on my nails for 7 days now, and still no chips! Its super shiny and was a dream to apply. My friend/client is on day 4 with no chips or fade, she is very hard on her nails and struggles to get 5 days from Vinylux.

I'm a Vinylux girl, but this one polish has really made me question my choice. I usually get 5-6 days from Vinylux (some clients get longer, but some less).

Did I just get lucky? Or are all their polishes this good? I am seriously considering switching brands, but would like some feedback before I make my final decision.

Thanks in advance xx
Sent from my Nexus 7 using SalonGeek mobile app

I'm looking for some feedback from users of this range. I picked up "fusionista" on impulse from my local suppliers.

I have been wearing it on my nails for 7 days now, and still no chips! Its super shiny and was a dream to apply. My friend/client is on day 4 with no chips or fade, she is very hard on her nails and struggles to get 5 days from Vinylux.

I'm a Vinylux girl, but this one polish has really made me question my choice. I usually get 5-6 days from Vinylux (some clients get longer, but some less).

Did I just get lucky? Or are all their polishes this good? I am seriously considering switching brands, but would like some feedback before I make my final decision.

Thanks in advance xx

The Cuccio range of both veneer & colour polishes are really good, the polishes are quick drying and do last well. If you contact Cuccio Europe you can set an account up with them, this way you receive offers and can purchase displays etc - I'm looking to maybe use this range again - I use to use it in my other salon x

Thanks, I have already signed up. I just can't make up my mind. Its a lot of money to replace my whole range based on my reviews of one color!

I'm only mobile, but have a lot of clients who just want polish rather than gel. I have 45 Vinylux colors and clients love that I carry such a big selection.

I'm just amazed that it seems to have put Vinylux to shame, why isn't there more enthusiasm for it if its really this good?

I might sleep on it, but I am seriously tempted! I made the decision recently to drop shellac in favour of megamix and it has worked in my favour... Can I really be that lucky twice? ;)

It is a good brand I think it's more "well known" in the south than the north. It's the nail brand of choice in Emmerdales new salon though, I spotted it! The mani & pedi range is gorgeous too, if you have a budget in mind why not call Cuccio's office and speak to them I'm sure they will put something together for you x

Ok so help me out how do you pronounce this word, cuccio?

It is a good brand I think it's more "well known" in the south than the north. It's the nail brand of choice in Emmerdales new salon though, I spotted it! The mani & pedi range is gorgeous too, if you have a budget in mind why not call Cuccio's office and speak to them I'm sure they will put something together for you x

Well thats sold it! A lot of my polish clients are more mature ladies who are into soaps. I've never time to watch myself but I will use the "emmerdale use it" ha ha!

Good idea, I may will give them a call with regards to my budget and explain the situation and see what they can do. Thank you x

I use Cuccio and I love it. It's highly pigmented, applies like a dream and lasts. Their topcoat is super glossy too. I have 26 colours and bar one or two they'd all cover in one coat. I'm a shellac girl and always encourage clients to have that normally, but cuccio has made me fall in love with polish again. It dries quickly and lasts on me for at least five days, just wear and tear along the free edge. It removes easily too. I've had Chill in in Chilli on my toes for two weeks tomorrow and it's still got a good gloss to it.

I'm so impressed with Cuccio I've just invested in their Milk and Honey manicure and pedicure range and their gel polish Cuccio Veneer.

You can purchase from Cuccio themselves and also The Nail Company. Both companies customer service is spot on, quick delivery, free delivery over £50 and it gets to you in 1-2 days usually. Both regularly have deals too.

Sent from my MediaPad 10 LINK using SalonGeek mobile app

Thank you, that's the kind of review I needed to give me the push. Its a big risk changing to a lesser known brand, but if they really are all as fab as the one I've tried, they're not going to be unknown for long!

Can I be cheeky and ask which colors you recommend for French? And is there any colours in particular that I couldn't live without? I'm going to get around 15 to start with, to try and replace my most popular Vinylux.

Thank you again for taking the time to help x

I left my heart in San Francisco is the perfect pink and Verona lace is the white. They are gorgeous! I have the full collection too!

Yes I'd get those for French, however I love Vinylux studio white and beau as they dry really quick (which I find is important with French in particular) and if I screw up my smile line I can tidy without worrying I've removed any base coat.

Other than that I'd suggest the following must haves:

Singapore Sling dark pink/cerise
Texas Rose nude pink sheer or full coverage with three coats
Cheeky in Helsinki - lilac/purple
Kyoto cherry blossoms - Pink with purple undertone
Totally Toykyo - Fuchsia pink with gold shimmer
Kiss in Paris - Red warm tone
Argentinian aubergine- plum
Call in the calgery - burgundy with pink shimmer
Playing in playa del Carmen - deep plum
Heart and Seoul - plum/raspberry shimmer
chillin in Chilli orange coral
Shaking my Morocco - orange creme
Eye candy in miami- bright purple
Elec-trick neon purple
Lobster maine- cool red
Beijing night glow - burgundy red shimmer
Brooklyn never sleeps - deep purple with purple shimmer

I guess it depends on your clientele really but I'd start with them.

I'd definitely get their base and top too. I don't know if you ever tried Lumos, but that has the same shine as Cuccio top coat. I think they offer a reduced price for the base, top and kiss in Paris, so that's well worth a look. Xx

Ooooh and I meant to say, Megamix and Cuccio Colour works a dream as it's highly pigmented, so its definitely well worth the outlay. I bought in Cuccio when I got Megamix.

Last edited:
Thanks chickafish ☺️

Does anyone use or know about the paraffin wax that cuccio make that doesnt need melting first but just warms up on the hands? My friend used it at a training course but I can't find it on cuccio website so emailed them but not had a reply, thanks x

Sara & Happyfeet thank you both for your help, it has made my decision much easier! The suggested colors are a big help, and I am hoping to place my order next weekend (providing I don't get a load of cancelations!) With 15 of those you have suggested for me.

The fact they work well with mm is also a huge swaying point so thank you again xx

Sorry to hijack but wondering if anyone could help....

I went on the Cuccio website and can see everything apart from the veneers! It says there are x amount of pages but all I can see is the lint free pads? Has anyone else had this?

Thank you

Are you on the co.uk website? Its working fine for me. Once your logged in just click on where it says veneer on left hand side. I think there's 3 pages to scroll through x

Are you on the co.uk website? Its working fine for me. Once your logged in just click on where it says veneer on left hand side. I think there's 3 pages to scroll through x

Thank you, I wasn't logged in. I set up a trade account, was sent a link to confirm my e-mail address (which I clicked) and a message came up to say the account wasn't verified, does this take a while?

Thank you again

Thank you, I wasn't logged in. I set up a trade account, was sent a link to confirm my e-mail address (which I clicked) and a message came up to say the account wasn't verified, does this take a while?

Thank you again

Someone contacts you I think to verify you. So if you set up the account today, I doubt you'll hear until Monday lovey. X

I switched to cuccio polishes from Vinylux as wasn't impressed with them at all, chipped easily and stained nails. The cuccio colours last really well. They often do deals like buy 2 get 1 free so could wait for an offer to stock up? They were really helpful and told me the best sellers and helped me select a range which has worked really well for my client choices.
Romania after dark, on the Nile blue, kiss in Paris were top in winter, manhattan mayhem and Vegas vixen always go down well and I get a lot if comments when wearing them. At the moment, chillin in chile, fushionista, st barts in a bottle & st barts with fountains of Versailles on top is lovely too. Texas rose is a nice one for French as well.
I also invested in their manicure ranges as I liked the different ones to meet different skin needs, it has been great and am looking at veener to go alongside shellac.
Their customer service is fantastic, far better than sweet squared
Hth x

Can you layer the colors? I didn't realize this?

Latest posts

Back