Cuccio nail lacquer?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So great to hear people are finding cuccio products - I've been using them for about 6 months and I look them!

I have the matchmaker kits as I find alot of my clients want gel polish on toes but matching polish on their fingers for an event as they have jobs where polish is not allowed.

I also stock their manicure and pedicure range. The derma wrap is AMAZING - no masque comes close to it. I'm after more products and colours - I hope they bring out more!!

My order arrived at 9:45 this morning! Closely followed by my roo glamour bag!

Very happy lady, can't wait until I finish tonight so I can load everything up and have a play!

Sent from my Nexus 7 using SalonGeek mobile app

Still patiently waiting for my roo glamor bag! Apparently put for delivery today!

So great to hear people are finding cuccio products - I've been using them for about 6 months and I look them!

I have the matchmaker kits as I find alot of my clients want gel polish on toes but matching polish on their fingers for an event as they have jobs where polish is not allowed.

I also stock their manicure and pedicure range. The derma wrap is AMAZING - no masque comes close to it. I'm after more products and colours - I hope they bring out more!!

I'm so tempted by their derma wrap. Have you tried the Kava Root Elixir Callus Remover? If so, how well do you think it performs?

Sent from my MediaPad 10 LINK using SalonGeek mobile app

I'm so tempted by their derma wrap. Have you tried the Kava Root Elixir Callus Remover? If so, how well do you think it performs?

Sent from my MediaPad 10 LINK using SalonGeek mobile app

I use both - but find the derma wrap sufficient unless the heels are really bad. If I use the callus remover I tend to put that on the needed area and put them in heated booties to penetrate deeper.

So many people who have had pedicures before and have one of mine comment on the differences especially the softness after the wrap. I got the small one and it goes a long way - only needs a thin application.

Does anyone know if they will be bringing out the neon range in matching veneer colours? would be fab.

I can't seem to find a huge amount about these products, shall we start a swatch thread? :biggrin:

I use both - but find the derma wrap sufficient unless the heels are really bad. If I use the callus remover I tend to put that on the needed area and put them in heated booties to penetrate deeper.

So many people who have had pedicures before and have one of mine comment on the differences especially the softness after the wrap. I got the small one and it goes a long way - only needs a thin application.

That's brilliant thank you... well not thank you for making me spend more money ;)

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek mobile app

Back again, and after just a tad bit more advice.

I have done my first 2 veneer applications today, and had problems both times with it sinking back from the free edge.

I prepped and applied as I would do shellac & mm, and using my brand spanking new cuccio led lamp.

Everything is cuccio brand, bar the prep (step 1) I used my scrubfresh instead.

Is this a usual issue with the veneer, or do I need to change my application method? Thanks in advance lovelies x

I've been using some veneer colours recently as a trial and found they have shrunk back from the free edge too. I got them under the lamp quickly and the second coat covered fine.
This happened on the darker colours but I bought a lovely lilac and it didn't happen on that.
My clients have loved them and have given good feedback. I've always used Gelish before.

Yes they do shrink back. I do all five fingers and just go back over before they go back in the lamp. Same as Missy, second coat sorts it out. X

Thanks. Will make sure I go back over them quickly before curing.

Both ladies were super happy with the lovely glossy finish, and the fact that their toes (done in the matching lacquer) actually match!

I always found there was a substantial difference between a lot of shellac & Vinylux matches. But I have used Grecian sea and heart & Seoul today, and both sets have been a perfect true match.

I love my new led lamp, how on earth did I manage with a 2 min cure UV for so long?!

Profbeauty
Try dry brushing the first foundation layer, (or get some kitchen roll and use it to remove the sticky layer) before carrying on with your colour, it will reduce your shrinkage x

Profbeauty
Try dry brushing the first foundation layer, (or get some kitchen roll and use it to remove the sticky layer) before carrying on with your colour, it will reduce your shrinkage x

I hadn't thought of dry brushing. I have another 2 clients booked tomorrow so will give that a go too. Thank you hun

Thanks. Will make sure I go back over them quickly before curing.

Both ladies were super happy with the lovely glossy finish, and the fact that their toes (done in the matching lacquer) actually match!

I always found there was a substantial difference between a lot of shellac & Vinylux matches. But I have used Grecian sea and heart & Seoul today, and both sets have been a perfect true match.

I love my new led lamp, how on earth did I manage with a 2 min cure UV for so long?!

How do you find the shine in comparison to Shellac? I love Veneer but I don't think its as shiny. I did notice on the bottle today that it did say wash hands after.

I've been using some veneer colours recently as a trial and found they have shrunk back from the free edge too. I got them under the lamp quickly and the second coat covered fine.
This happened on the darker colours but I bought a lovely lilac and it didn't happen on that.
My clients have loved them and have given good feedback. I've always used Gelish before.

How did you find the removal? And did you use the base and top coat from Cuccio or have you tried it with the Gelish ones?

How did you find the removal? And did you use the base and top coat from Cuccio or have you tried it with the Gelish ones?

I used the base and top from Gelish.
They all removed much better than Gelish.
I love Gelish but my local AKS had Cuccio on offer so bought some for use on myself. Clients wanted it though when they saw the lovely pigmented colours. I'm loving it.

How do you find the shine in comparison to Shellac? I love Veneer but I don't think its as shiny. I did notice on the bottle today that it did say wash hands after.

I actually thought the shine was better than shellac. I did get the ladies to wash hands straight after (as this step was in bold print on the instruction sheet they supplied).

I was especially pleased with heart & Seoul, absoloutly gorgeous, and the client text me a couple of hours after to say how delighted she was, and that they looked shinier and brighter than any of her shellac colors!

I personally loved everything about it, except the shrinkage issue, I'm just hoping they wear well now. Usually I would trial on myself a couple of times before offering to clients, but I was a bit too impatient to get going!

Teach me not to read ;)

Heart and Seoul is gorgeous.

I've just ordered a load more polishes tonight. :) My Megamix is having an outing ;)

I've got their mini led lamp, uv feels like a dinosaur by comparison haha! 30 second cure blows my mind, I put it in thinking this will never work, take it out and I'm like oh yes, yes it does!

I used the base and top from Gelish.
They all removed much better than Gelish.
I love Gelish but my local AKS had Cuccio on offer so bought some for use on myself. Clients wanted it though when they saw the lovely pigmented colours. I'm loving it.

Thanks, I might give that a go too.

Teach me not to read ;)

Heart and Seoul is gorgeous.

I've just ordered a load more polishes tonight. :) My Megamix is having an outing ;)

I've got their mini led lamp, uv feels like a dinosaur by comparison haha! 30 second cure blows my mind, I put it in thinking this will never work, take it out and I'm like oh yes, yes it does!

I know what you mean, I feel all modern now! Only problem with my new lamp is its too big to fit in my new glamour bag 😢

Latest posts

Back