Cupcake/cake magazine??

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
£2.99 is a great price really, I spend that much on a magazine with no freebies! Plus with 3 little ones there's always a need for birthday cakes/cupcakes!

Can we set up a cupcake group? A bake off sounds fun!!!
Me too, but monthly not weekly. I shouldn't even be considering this, I'm trying to cut down on my magzines :p

Reading on the website it seems like there are 'special' issues as well that are £4.99 or £7.99 each but you don't need to receive them if you don't wanna.

Btw - the glitter is classed as not edible because it can't be digested but is actually fine to consume when sprinkled over baked goods. It's non toxic and won't cause you any harm at all but it can't be classed as edible because of the fact it's not digestible. I cover everything in glitter :Love:

Oh good so ill just have a glittery tum then :biggrin:

I have just got mine today, can't wait to start baking this weekend :) still debating whether to subscribe or not yet!
The glitter is fab, I have already been on the hunt for more colours. Look forward to seeing some pictures of what people have created. X

Ive also bought thus and subscribed :D

All be aware the glitter included is NON EDIBLE which I think is ridiculous! Look on the bottom of the pot!!

I won't do any harm if it is eaten. The body won't be able to digest it so it will come out the other end all glittery.

Sent from my HTC EVO 3D X515m using SalonGeek

Got mine cple of days ago gna do sum butterfly cupcakes 2moro with my sis were on route to go get some flower paste im so excited lol xx

I did mean to put that it was NON toxic too, just wanted people to be aware :)

If u subscribe online or via phone and post you get more free gifts, I'm actually shocked it's weekly, would've thought ffortnightly.

Cupcake bake off sounds fun :) I'm making some tomorrow for mothers day :)

I'm off to buy it tonight, but i already have lots of pots of the glitter they sell them in Hobbycraft, i use them for rockstar nails :D

what do you mean the glitters not edible?! well you know what they say... what dosnt kill us makes us stronger... i still haven't been able to get a copy of it, its sold out everywhere, but i'm going out of town next week so i'll get my hands on it then :wink2:

Me and my daughter just made these! Not great but a start ;) x mind if I do this every week I'll be twice the size ! ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1332009210.577422.jpg

Not from the magazine but I made this for my hubbies birthday.
Chocolate cake with white chocolate buttercream icing, kinder buenos and crumbled flake. It's that filling and rich one slice is like a meal! Lol.
ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1332009969.722346.jpg

Not from the magazine but I made this for my hubbies birthday.
Chocolate cake with white chocolate buttercream icing, kinder buenos and crumbled flake. It's that filling and rich one slice is like a meal! Lol.
View attachment 12984
Wow thats impressive:Dxx

Also not from magazine but made this last week for my lil sis - was my first time icing a cake so have been showing it off to everyone haha!!

Although don't look too close as my amateur mistakes are visible ;)

Attachments

• ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1332013141.438378.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1332013141.438378.jpg
    38.5 KB · Views: 188
Also not from magazine but made this last week for my lil sis - was my first time icing a cake so have been showing it off to everyone haha!!

Although don't look too close as my amateur mistakes are visible ;)
Wow that is so perfect!
Mine looks like it's been thrown together in comparison! Lol.

Wow that is so perfect!
Mine looks like it's been thrown together in comparison! Lol.

Ah thank you!! Yours looks YUM!! Can't wait for my first mag to come now! I subscribed as I need the freebies - I have no cake tools so will be fun to get the lot!

Wow thats amazing really good, hmmm kinda wishing mine wasnt on now;)

Can't wait to get the mag too but sold out at asda today! First cake I made for my sons christening (hope I've uploaded it correctly) absolutely love baking x

Attachments

• ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1332017788.771533.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1332017788.771533.jpg
    92.1 KB · Views: 157
My signature dish when baking is my lemon meringue pie, ill share my pic of one I made last week as my cakes look a lil sad! ;) ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1332018191.079033.jpg

Can't wait to get the mag too but sold out at asda today! First cake I made for my sons christening (hope I've uploaded it correctly) absolutely love baking x
Thats fab x

Was trying to find the picture (good old Facebook) of the one I made for my sons first birthday, my favourite so far :) Disney junior

Attachments

• ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1332018554.332843.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1332018554.332843.jpg
    82.9 KB · Views: 551

Latest posts

Back