Cupcake Recipes

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

The Guild

Reaction score
I am definately going through a nesting phase and have a burning desire to bake.

I fancied doing some cupcakes, but I'm a bit short on recipes. Does anyone have any good ones they feel like sharing?

Hi, My other great passion other than Nails is baking, A basic easy sponge recipie
2 med/lrg free range eggs weigh these (in shells!) whatever they weigh the other ingredients should match, butter, flour, sugar
add 1 table spoon baking powder a good splash of milk
and a few drops of vanilla extract if you want to
into cases,oven about 170/180 10-14 mins??
If you fancy chocolate cup cakes exchange 1oz of the flour for cocoa powder
sometimes on choc cakes I put choc butter icing on top and then add chopped up choc bars, Maltezers, mars, snickers, flake, smarties . . . .
Also mcdougalls sponge flour is best if you can find it
And if you want to make 1 large cake use 3 large eggs and mix to match

Happy baking
Clare:)

That's great Clare, thank you. Guess what I'll be doing this afternoon!

I make cupcakes in my spare time, these I made recently for a friends daughters 6th birthday.

Recipe:

12 large white muffin cases (best cooked in a 12 cup muffin tray)
200g of soft margarine or butter
200g caster sugar
4 eggs beaten (at room temperature)
200g sifted self raising flour with half a teaspoon of baking powder
few drops of vanilla essence.

For the buttercream

300g icing sugar (sifted)
100g softened margarine or butter
vanilla and strawberry essence
pink food colouring

Decorations

Pink and white daisies made from rolled ready made icing and cut out using a daisy cutter, press a pink or white pearl cake decoration in the middle of each one.​
Edible glitter (you can get this is any good cake or craft shop)

Cream butter/marg with the caster sugar until it goes pale in colour, add the vanilla essence. then the egg two tablespoons at a time with a tablespoon of flour and beat in. then add the rest of the flour and fold in. add equally to the 12 muffin cases, bake in a preheated oven 200 degrees for about 20 mins.

Cream the butter/marg with the icing sugar and a little hot water, divide in half and add a few drops of vanilla essence to one half and a few drops of pink colouring and strawberry essence to the other half, pipe or spread on (6 pink and 6 white), decorate with the daisies and edible glitter immediately so they stick on.

Enjoy :)

Cakes.jpg

Last edited:
I've just been making cakes and made some plain vanilla sponges but half way through i dropped a teaspoon of nutella into them...yum!!!

Posted with my Droid EO Forum App

Been baking myself this afternoon :green:
Made some Rose & Cardamon cupcakes (basic sponge recipe but rose water instead of milk & 1 drop of cardamon eo. I usually make Rose & Vanilla but was in a spicy mood today. Which leads on to the 2nd recipe) Rose flavoured frosting on top.

I then made some Chocolate cupcakes but took some of the cocoa powder out & added a wee bit of ginger, cinnamon & nutmeg. OMG, they are delish :green: Again this was a standard sponge mixture.

To make life easier though, instead of creaming the buttermarg (Stork is better than butter IMO) with the sugar then adding all the other ingredients gradually, I just weigh everything out in the bowl & whisk it all together. Spoon into cupcake cases, bake & Bob's your uncle...

Michelle Louise.... they look brill and delicious!!! :)

Just marking this thread - will be getting all the above ingredients tomorrow m m Mmmmmmmm!

Wow, there are some fabulous ideas, thank you. Made my first two batches at the weekend which hubby has demolished. Time to start on some more!

http://www.hookerycookery.com/biscuit017.htm

Try these!! They are yumm :)

Tip: bake the cake bit first for about 5-10 mins whilst u make the meringue bit. Also can be made in cupcake cases as I've done it :) fab!

Sent from my iPhone using SalonGeek

When I want anything like that I head to allrecipies.com Its an american site, but when you want cupcakes and such where better to go. Red velvet with cream cheese based filling is always a winner. Yumm. Makes me wish I could eat flour and dairy again:irked:

Yum! Gonna try these recipies

125g Soft Unsalted Butter
125g Sugar
125g Self Raising Flour
2 Large Eggs
2 Tbsp Milk
1/2 Tsp Vanilla Extract

Put it all in the mixer and wizz until smooth. Put paper cases in 12 hole muffin tray, spread mixture over all 12 (have a few cheeky tastes too) and bake until golden and cocktail stick comes out clean.

When putting the mixture into the cases the best tool is one of those round ice cream scoops that you squeeze and the little bit swishes around the inside. Makes it soo much quicker and less messy!

For a good butter icing U use 200g butter, 400g icing sugar and a tablespoon or two of milk to loosen it. Beat the butter in the mixer until soft, add half the icing sugar and 1tbsp milk and mix in, then add other half icing sugar. Add a little extra milk if needed, again wizz until smooth. Add some colouring if you want.

Mat

I'm not very good at baking but having read/seen this thread I'm going to print it out and have a go at some point

from Debbie's HTC Sense

Debbie if you want something even easier check out my blog - I have just posted my Emergency 5min Chocolate Cake recipie!

WOW, I certainly shall don't think I can from my phone but will certainly check it out asap ~ thank you ;)

from Debbie's HTC Sense

These look great :)
Just commenting so I can read through these later x

Latest posts

Back