Curing issues!!!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

alexandra1984

Reaction score
Hi,

I did a gel overlay on my toenails last night, They cured fine. But my finger nails are just not curing at all? i dont understand. please could you advise me ladies? xx
:smack:

Maybe the bulbs need to be changed or your'e using the wrong lamp for the system you have.

The toes may have cured OK (Or look like they are cured) because you used a very thin layer and you would have applied more gel to the fingers to build an apex

Also if it IS the correct lamp for the system you are using, make sure to check your cure times for the product you have

HTH :hug:

I am in a terrible position now. I've been doing gels for 3 years and never had an issue as follows: gel doen't cure inside at all. There is only a thin film of upper layer getting solid.
The bulbs were changed 2 times in the last 2 weeks, and 4 brands of gels were tested in 2 lamps.

The test done as follows:
- pick a white unblended tip
- apply a slightly thicker than normal layer of white or colour gel with a rich pigment
- cure for double the time recommended
- take the tip out cut across
- check for wet patches

In my case these are not just wet patches. It's only the upper layer cured and the rest is wet. This correct for all my 4 brands, 2 lamps, and 2 sets of brand new bulbs. 3 brands I've been using for a very long time and they are well-known brands. 4th is a new gel bought to tey out. The gels are not old and were stored correctly.

I don't really know where to look now. Can anyone advise?

- pick a white unblended tip
- apply a slightly thicker than normal layer of white or colour gel with a rich pigment

I think the answer to your problem is right in the highlighted part... White gel will not cure unless you have a clear tip, otherwise the result will be as described:hug::hug:

I think the answer to your problem is right in the highlighted part... White gel will not cure unless you have a clear tip, otherwise the result will be as described:hug::hug:

Perhaps, but it always worked before, that's why I am confused now.

Just a thought, but check all your connections going to the machine and to the outlet and make sure everything is plugged in correctly (pushed in all the way). Then take the bulbs out, clean them with a soft cloth to get any dust off of them, put them back in and make sure they are plugged in properly as well and then give it another go. Also, if you have more than one thing plugged into that outlet - try unplugging everything except the lamp. Hope this helps

Perhaps, but it always worked before, that's why I am confused now.

Hmm thats weird then, and it isn't new gels (you described 4 different gels right)

I'm not familiar with that many gels, but I cannot remember any gel where the white can be cured on a white tip , so I cannot come any closer to solving the problem, as changing bulbs etc. have been tried...:irked:

Hmm thats weird then, and it isn't new gels (you described 4 different gels right)

I'm not familiar with that many gels, but I cannot remember any gel where the white can be cured on a white tip , so I cannot come any closer to solving the problem, as changing bulbs etc. have been tried...:irked:

You were right! :hug: I've carried out the same test on a natural tip using different colours. And it is fine. :) I just was misled originally, when advised to use white tip. Seems like some International Educators are not worth their salt.:Grope:

So glad you found out eventually. :hug::hug:

Latest posts

Back