Curly blowdries

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Can anyone upload any photos of the hair with the brushes in and the after result? I've never used this technique and would love to give it a go! Thanks x

My Dutch tutor had this amazing set of brushes that u detached the handle and left the barrel in like a roller, have never found them since but was such a good idea! Would love some of those.

Would also love a set of ys parks as used my tutors but they're sooo expensive.

I'm loving my ghd and morocannoil ones. Morocannoil do boar bristle ones in the US so I'm gonna order the medium one to try but they're about same price as ys parks! I like to have sets of matching stuff tho!

Just did a quick google and found a set like that by d-tach but look quite expensive. Anyone tried them?

I'm waiting for the updated of YS Park Curly hot iron brushes which come out this year, these are amazing for a curly blowdry.

In the mean time I have just ordered the Denman Thermoceramic Radial Natural Bristle Brush (ceramic barrel and bore bristles) which are also supposed to be great :)

I'm waiting for the updated of YS Park Curly hot iron brushes which come out this year, these are amazing for a curly blowdry.

In the mean time I have just ordered the Denman Thermoceramic Radial Natural Bristle Brush (ceramic barrel and bore bristles) which are also supposed to be great :)

Is that the H-series? Please let us know when they come out :) With metal barrel that is a YS I'd love to try.

This is just my friend an she has 4 rows of extensions in so i wouldn't recommend this many i dnt use this many for anyone else really but l can put some in my sisters hair if u like or draw lil pic of my order so u can see properly. View attachment 54416View attachment 54417View attachment 54418View attachment 54419View attachment 54420

WOW. Stunning!!! And to think me and my one brush did a good job lol.
Is it hard to learn this technique? How do the brushes stay put?

Absolutely beautiful results X

im currently training in hair dressing and tried this at college last week and loved it ... i want to get some more brushes so i can do a full head which ones out of the denman head huggers and the head jog would you reccomend best?x

I find the Moroccan Oil brushes amazing for curly blow dries. Here is a picture of my first attempt from last year, I used a 35 sized MOil brush and was very pleased with the result.
(My mum didn't want perfect curls, she prefers the loose and messy look 😝) x ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1391349065.850332.jpg

Surely u lose volume from the weight tho? That's why I've also used rollers and/or raised pin curls.

I've always been too scared to use brushes and leave in in case I tangle them!

This is just my friend an she has 4 rows of extensions in so i wouldn't recommend this many i dnt use this many for anyone else really but l can put some in my sisters hair if u like or draw lil pic of my order so u can see properly. View attachment 54416View attachment 54417View attachment 54418View attachment 54419View attachment 54420

Your blowdries are amazing !! Do you always leave the brushes in? I'm at college and we were only shown how to create the curl with rolling the brush up and down and curling under, remove brush when hair has cooled down then move onto next section but I can't get it right :( the best one I've done was doing that then pinning it up to hold the curl xx

I have just purchased a pack of each size in the d-tach range. The ones that you release the handle and leave in like a roller. I spend a fortune reading these forums lol. Will let you know how I get I. With them. :)

Can I say from a clients perspective that having all those brushes dangling in the hair is really uncomfortable and really pulls on the hair. Plus the hair sometimes does get tangled. Because I really don't like this my stylist doing it this way she now blow dries with a round brush then while the section of hair is still warm from the drier, wraps onto a Velcro roller. So much more comfortable for me and the curly blowdry stays in ages.

Can I say from a clients perspective that having all those brushes dangling in the hair is really uncomfortable and really pulls on the hair. Plus the hair sometimes does get tangled. Because I really don't like this my stylist doing it this way she now blow dries with a round brush then while the section of hair is still warm from the drier, wraps onto a Velcro roller. So much more comfortable for me and the curly blowdry stays in ages.

That's how I do mine. I get all in a twist with all the brushes and I do find it more comfortable with velcros.

I want a curly blow dry! They look lovely, don't suppose anyone is near benfleet Essex? X

For my blowdrys I like using PM extra body range. Then with a medium round brush blowdry, and use Pincurl clips to hold hair in place until it's cooled down. Much more comfortable for the clientImageUploadedBySalonGeek1391435250.774558.jpg

Surely u lose volume from the weight tho? That's why I've also used rollers and/or raised pin curls.

I've always been too scared to use brushes and leave in in case I tangle them!

You don't loose volume if you put them
In how I do them will upload a pic nxt time I do them without being rude them brushes look abit messy mine are more uniform once you learn this way you will breeze through it I put mine in rows going back like a roller set on top directing away from the face u get a lovely big bouncy fringe with height in the back looks a lot more professional also all the brushes around the mid section and at the nape all have the handles faces down so no pulling or Heavy feeling on the head all
Looks very neat and you won't get the brushes tangles while trying to get them out if it's all done uniform and neater x

That's how I do mine. I get all in a twist with all the brushes and I do find it more comfortable with velcros.

They wouldn't get all in a twist if they was put in right they need to be neat and uniform with all the brush handles facing down the top should be wound back like a roller set really is a lot easier this way will upload pics nxt time I do one x

I use velcros or pin curls.

Yes I do also if my client is going out of a evening and I'm booked in for the day I leave them on for them and just collect the next day as long as you demonstrate how to dress them out there happy x

Yes I do also if my client is going out of a evening and I'm booked in for the day I leave them on for them and just collect the next day as long as you demonstrate how to dress them out there happy x

That's if they want them left in most do if not I wait to cool down and dress x

Latest posts

Back