Curly blowdries

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Can I say from a clients perspective that having all those brushes dangling in the hair is really uncomfortable and really pulls on the hair. Plus the hair sometimes does get tangled. Because I really don't like this my stylist doing it this way she now blow dries with a round brush then while the section of hair is still warm from the drier, wraps onto a Velcro roller. So much more comfortable for me and the curly blowdry stays in ages.

The brushes get tangled when they not put in neat they shouldn't be heavy or pull if there put in correct you shouldn't just be leaving a brush any wear if your blow dries are neat sectioned well there should be no probs x

If you could upload a photo i think this would be really helpful. Im excited to try this out now. Thanks x

Kind Regards
Ellis @EHB :)

I have just purchased a pack of each size in the d-tach range. The ones that you release the handle and leave in like a roller. I spend a fortune reading these forums lol. Will let you know how I get I. With them. :)

Ooh please let me know I'm seriously considering getting some when I'm next back.

I've got my eye on about a million different brushes at the mo despite loving my ghd and morrocanoil ones! I just blow dry and pin curl ATM.

You don't loose volume if you put them
In how I do them will upload a pic nxt time I do them without being rude them brushes look abit messy mine are more uniform once you learn this way you will breeze through it I put mine in rows going back like a roller set on top directing away from the face u get a lovely big bouncy fringe with height in the back looks a lot more professional also all the brushes around the mid section and at the nape all have the handles faces down so no pulling or Heavy feeling on the head all
Looks very neat and you won't get the brushes tangles while trying to get them out if it's all done uniform and neater x

Yeah I'd be interested to see a pic. I've always done away from the face as it's what my Arab ladies like, also because of them I've always done the pin way as most will go home with them in to take out later. That's the beauty of them wearing their shaylas! Don't have to parade it like the scouse/Essex girls lol!

The same effect can be achieved with velcros can't it? I don't think I have enough space for all those brushes in my tool box.

This is just my friend an she has 4 rows of extensions in so i wouldn't recommend this many i dnt use this many for anyone else really but l can put some in my sisters hair if u like or draw lil pic of my order so u can see properly. View attachment 54416View attachment 54417View attachment 54418View attachment 54419View attachment 54420

This looks amazing! I want to learn how to do it.
Any more photos would be hugely appreciated. Or just any handy hints or tips to get the best effect! Xx

Yeah I'd be interested to see a pic. I've always done away from the face as it's what my Arab ladies like, also because of them I've always done the pin way as most will go home with them in to take out later. That's the beauty of them wearing their shaylas! Don't have to parade it like the scouse/Essex girls lol!

Haha this made me laugh! Yes always away from the face more flattering will upload pics soon as poss x

what do you think are the best products to help the curls stay in?

what do you think are the best products to help the curls stay in?

I love the big sexy hair range from alan howard

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek mobile app

Not sure if this person is a user on here but just seen this on Sarah's hair page on fb! Impressive! And def keep the height with this!

ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1392220368.127029.jpg

Ooh please let me know I'm seriously considering getting some when I'm next back.

I've got my eye on about a million different brushes at the mo despite loving my ghd and morrocanoil ones! I just blow dry and pin curl ATM.

Sure. :) I got them today so will find a victim tomorrow (probably a block) hehe, if I get time. I do get a good result using brush then a Velcro. Just like the concept.

I have never even heard of this technique till reading this!! I always curl around the brush then velcro roll to cool!! Some clients even bring their own sleep in rollers and then i roll to cool, blast with hairspray and they will dress them out when they are ready!! Id love to see more pics of this technique!!!!!! xxxx

Just completed my first curly blow with brushes. Cant upload a pic atm but client felt comfortable, there was no pulling or tension. End result was so smooth and BIG! Love xx

Kind Regards,
Ellis @EHB

I think Wide-barrelled brush, preferably a mix of boar and synthetic bristles...

Sure. :) I got them today so will find a victim tomorrow (probably a block) hehe, if I get time. I do get a good result using brush then a Velcro. Just like the concept.

Carolin have u tested these out yet? Really keen to see what they're like before I'm back in the uk in a few weeks and order them.

What size brushes do you all prefer?

I use the wooden hedgehog 33mm, take the brush out and pin whilst hair is hot.

I have ordered a 35mm ghd brush but not sure if I should really be using 25mm brushes?

I'm a trainee and want to try leaving the brushes in but only 2 at a time, was thinking of using a 35mm ghd and also a 35mm moroccan oil brush??

I have had curly blows with brushes left in, only up to 4 which felt heavy and defiantly think it's a longer lasting better curl, would just be scared of tangling!

Latest posts

Back