Custom blend mix advise

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

becki x

Reaction score
I have mixed up a lovely base mix,very pretty tone and depth however it when the nail is done it looks so false,it's as if it's too opaque and i'm not sure how to dilute it without loosing the coverage.

Any advise is appreciated,thanks x

Do you have a picture becki?

Im only just getting in to custom blends and find it quite hard to visualise some of the base mix's.

Cant you use a bit of shimmer or glimmer, as they both have some glittery bits in they will reflect the light, whereas the plain mix will not, hence why you can get a fake look?
Whatever your mix is I would add 1/20th first and see where to go from there. It will dilute the coverage slightly, but not that much with such a small amount!

Thats what Id suggest anyway!

xxxxxx:hug:

I don't have any pics Pips,will try to pop one on today.

The mix does have twighlight in it,but it still looks too dense :eek: 1/20th of what Hayls ?

I tend to use my cb in zone 2, blend it to the natural nail and use perfect pink in zone 3 - I find it looks less 'fake' that way......

hth's

I don't have any pics Pips,will try to pop one on today.

The mix does have twighlight in it,but it still looks too dense :eek: 1/20th of what Hayls ?

Cheers becki, look forward to seeing it....i think this custom blend lark will take me forever to learn lol

Ummm....lol, think end of a tip, use a size 1 tip and put enough powder to cover the very end, keep testing then to see how you are doing with it! Other than that the only advice I could give would be maybe to PM a more experienced Geek or Geeg!
Maybe there is too much white in your mix?
Honestly Im clutching at straws here Becki!

Sorry I cant be of more help hun xxx

I also use opaque (but really opaque) powders only on zone 2, and then use a translucent pink, or shimmer pink on z3... imo it looks a little less fake, as the shimmer or glitter (I love mixing) makes it look like it's simply polished...

You could always try using the CB mix and then adding a layer of clear or pink, this should help with giving the nail some depth xx

That might work Rach,apply the cb very thinly and then build up the apex with pink ?

I'll give it a try and let you know how i get on,thanks x

Latest posts

Back