Custom Blends

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LayStar

<strong>Jugsy Geek</strong>
Reaction score
I did these on one of my nail-munching regulars. She usually has them shorter but wanted them longer for a night out, I think I should have extended the pink slightly more to balance out the white though.

I used a mix of flawless, white, brown, red and orange with normal white, t&o.

Tell me where I should be improving :lol: , I rarely do normal clear p&w's anymore, so some advice on where I could improve on my prefered system would be mucho appreciated; colour, shape, smiles etc, give it to me straight!!

xx

Attachments

• GWBEFORE.jpg
    GWBEFORE.jpg
    83.6 KB · Views: 129
Hi Laystar,
I am unable to rate it (for some reason there are no choices available).
As to the custom blending try eliminating the brown and orange as to me these look a little too dark or use a little less brown but I would not use the orange, Also one of the advantages of custom blending is that you can create a different smileline, I would have made the smilelines just that little bit deeper to elongate the nailplate. :hug:

Okay thankyou :D Yea I deff should have deepened the smiles, I'm going to have to start practising deeper smiles :)

Thanks for your advice :D

Same here, they look a bit dark. Try to be consistant with the length of the nail beds, the ring finger looks to be quite a bit longer than the others. Lower your smiles and make them deeper.

i like these nails alot....but do agree that the nail beds look a tad suntanned....but the nails themselves are lovely. xx

smilelines look great, smile lines depend on degree of "fakeness" you want to achieve and how "fake" you like to make nails look.

A very wise "man" once said the best smile line is to imitate the natural smileline (I wonder who this man was) and no, it's not me.

They look good, a funny colour, waaaaay too long and if she wants them for a night out, gets pissed and falls over in the gutter, she will prob rip her nails out by the roots.

A great job of covering up those nailplates though.

A very wise "man" once said the best smile line is to imitate the natural smileline (I wonder who this man was) and no, it's not me.

True, but it is a bit hard to follow the natural smileline if it's been gnawed away.:Grope:

I think the smiles look good tbh. I'm not too keen on the colour but I assume you've had to hide many sins! Perhaps a bit long but if it's only for a night out you could take the length down asap?
Well done for posting your pics x

make ur smile lines more deeper it will enhance the nail bed to make it look longer:)

I think its a excellent transformation, i am no where near starting to cb!! i do agree about the colour a tad dark but they look brill and if i was your client i'd be well over the moon with them! xxxxx

Thanks for all the comments and advice.

Yea they are too long, she's an ex nail tech so will file them down herself, she usually has them a lot shorter than these.

Need to tone down that colour!! :D

I personally thought they were a bit thick, especially at the cuticle area and slightly above..pretty set for a nail eater though!:)

Nice set but I did think they looked a bit thick or rounded around zone 3. Same comments about the colour too. Well done for posting though.

Latest posts

Back