customer service

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jennifer

Reaction score
Hi, just wanted to know what kind of customer service you provide. Do you offer drinks, snacks (biscuits, cake, chocolate), do you initiate the conversation and what do you talk about. Do you play music, potpourri, etc. I'm not sure what I should do. Try to make it as relaxing as possible but want to know what other techs are doing to make the client feel good.

Hi

I opened my new salon just before Christmas and offer clients tea/coffee and a biscuit (individually wrapped ones) on arrival. Have scented candles burning all day (lots of people have commented on how nice the salon smells!). Just keep the conversation general and keep looking at what you are doing NOT at the client as everything takes much longer otherwise.

Shaza

Hi

We offer tea, coffee, cappuccino, espresso etc. No biscuits, we play the radio but on the record card we offer a choice of music for facials and the music runs through the salon so the facial client controls the choice eg: classical, relaxation or radio, otherwise its the radio. :)

We tend to talk about the clients needs, condition of nails etc, explain what we are doing and what each product is as we go along, reminding them of aftercare etc. Other than that we try to just let the client do the talking, most of them just want to chat or whatever. One rule we have though is NEVER repeat what they have said, you never know who is listening and who knows whom! :rolleyes:

In my salon, we always offer tea/coffe/blackcurrant/water to clients and also to whoever they bring with them, everyone is made to feel welcome..
We play general music, or radio... nothing too loud or boisterous
there is mostly a tin of choccies on the reception desk or biscuits are offered.usually pre wrapped (kit kat etc)
We will go out of our way for clients, one often brings cakes in for us, so we try sometimes to surprise her with cakes also...
It all helps to build a close relationship with your clients!!!
Conversation always follows whatever the client wishes to talk about, but if they seem to have trouble with conversation and the atmosphere is a bit flat, then I will start a conversation about a general topic of interest (whatever is on the news!!)

Just go with the flow, start with just tea/coffee/water and soft music... then maybe use a questionnaire to ask your clients what they want... just make sure that you only offer what you can afford to.

Sue x

I suppose it depends on your set up. I don't have people waiting in general as I allow a comfort buffer between appointments.

I would never give a coffee etc or biscuit whilst I am doing their nails - imagine all the dust settling on that lovely biscuit and then they eat it - not good for the digestion.

However if I had a receptionist and a separate area away from my working area then I would certainly have my receptionist offer tea, coffee etc.

Latest posts

Back