Cuticle Cream

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pinkgirlie

Reaction score
Hi

I was taught to use a cuticle cream before putting nails into a soak. And then a cuticle remover afterwards. I have started to use CND cuticle away but can't find a cuticle cream?? Can anyone help? Or recommend a brand? x

If you are using cuticle remover from CND then no soak, but de activate with water after cuticle work is done.

If you want a cream then use CND eraser in association with solar oil

If you are using cuticle remover from CND then no soak, but de activate with water after cuticle work is done.

If you want a cream then use CND eraser in association with solar oil

Oh, so no need for cuticle cream then?? So I apply the CuticleAway, wait a minute, do cuticle work then soak it off afterwards?? No need to soak with a cream before hand? have started to use CuticleAway due to Minx xx

Wait for another to confirm or correct me, just encase i am a bit rusty on my info

Wait for another to confirm or correct me, just encase i am a bit rusty on my info

Ok, will save me on buying more cuticle cream if that's the case x

No cuticle cream needed after CND cuticle away. No water either!

Sent from my MB200 using SalonGeek

You do not need to use cuticle cream you just apply the cuticle away then do you cuticle work.

To remove- use soapy water (1part soap to 10 parts water) preferable in a spray bottle,spritz over the nails then I like to use a small hand towel to remove and dry

All this will be cover on your CND course if you have any problems why not email your educator direct to make sure you get the correct answer straight away xx

No cuticle cream needed after CND cuticle away. No water either!

Sent from my MB200 using SalonGeek

Just to correct the incorrect information above, and to add to Amelia's excellent post, it is ESSENTIAL that you cleanse all CuticleAway from the skin and nails after your cuticle work with liquid soap and water - this is not only to ensure all the product is removed, but to neutralise/deactivate the active ingredient, sodium hydroxide.

If you are Minxing, you would then go on to the next stage of your PEP (ScrubFresh), and your Minx application.

If you are manicuring, following your non-living cuticle and hangnail removal with a pearl-size drop of Cuticle Eraser, combined with one drop of SolarOil (both of which are EXCELLENT retail items BTW) will create a nail and eponychium moisture pack. Clients can repeat this at home every morning (with SolarOil alone at night) to help prevent cuticle build-up, condition the skin, prevent hangnails, and to plasticise nails (keeping them tough, but not brittle), as well as helping to maintain the perfect moisture/oil balance. :)

On my CND course we were taught to put Cuticle Eraser on before the soak.

Thank you very much for the Info. At college during NVQ2 the products we used were in White containers having been dispensed out of a larger one. Think it would of been something like salon system. On my minx training with ellisons, I don't recall them telling us to wash of the scrub fresh though I an aware of the need to wash off cuticle remover due to it's actions. So it seems that a cuticle cream and soak prior to cuticle eraser is unnecessary. Just need to soak after cuticle eraser x

On my CND course we were taught to put Cuticle Eraser on before the soak.

Oh ok. Thank you x

I'll purchase some cuticle eraser x

Last edited by a moderator:
Just to be absolutely sure you all have your procedure in the correct order (not least because I suspect some of you may have your CuticleAway muddled with your Cuticle Eraser?), I can highly recommend you register at www.cnd.com. There are fantastic tools there to help you. Once you are registered, go to 'Tools and Support' then 'Technical Reference' then 'Step-by-Steps' for fabulous step-by-step instructions for different CND services. :cool:

I hope you find these helpful! :hugs:

Just to be absolutely sure you all have your procedure in the correct order (not least because I suspect some of you may have your CuticleAway muddled with your Cuticle Eraser?), I can highly recommend you register at www.cnd.com. There are fantastic tools there to help you. Once you are registered, go to 'Tools and Support' then 'Technical Reference' then 'Step-by-Steps' for fabulous step-by-step instructions for different CND services. :cool:

I hope you find these helpful! :hugs:

Hi, ok will have a look, thank you. At college I was shown to use cuticle cream in the soak, then cuticle remover, cuticle work then soak again to remove cuticle remover. So I'm assuming I can use the eraser in the soak and then the cuticle away, cuticle work then soak to remove? x

Just to correct the incorrect information above, and to add to Amelia's excellent post, it is ESSENTIAL that you cleanse all CuticleAway from the skin and nails after your cuticle work with liquid soap and water - this is not only to ensure all the product is removed, but to neutralise/deactivate the active ingredient, sodium hydroxide.

If you are Minxing, you would then go on to the next stage of your PEP (ScrubFresh), and your Minx application.

If you are manicuring, following your non-living cuticle and hangnail removal with a pearl-size drop of Cuticle Eraser, combined with one drop of SolarOil (both of which are EXCELLENT retail items BTW) will create a nail and eponychium moisture pack. Clients can repeat this at home every morning (with SolarOil alone at night) to help prevent cuticle build-up, condition the skin, prevent hangnails, and to plasticise nails (keeping them tough, but not brittle), as well as helping to maintain the perfect moisture/oil balance. :)
I meant no water is needed to soak. I was taught ( in USA) that you don't want to soak the nails before Shellac application. Adds more moisture to nail. Sry if I confused anyone. I do cleanse the nails before application.As for manicure, I also like Cuticle Eraser.

Latest posts

Back