cuticle nippers rusting...?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Anna Lee

Reaction score
hello geeks..

can anyone tell me why my cuticle nippers are rusting...?

i use barbicide and soak them in there.... is that what is doing it....?

gobbylee said:
hello geeks..

there are several threads on this site where people have stated that they have experienced problems with rusting whilst using barbicide.

I'll PM with you with details of 2 alternatives that will not cause you any problems.

marketing-geek said:
there are several threads on this site where people have stated that they have experienced problems with rusting whilst using barbicide.

I'll PM with you with details of 2 alternatives that will not cause you any problems.

thanks nigel....

so is it the barbicide then....?

gobbylee said:
thanks nigel....

so is it the barbicide then....?

it can be a combination of things. Less expensive tools can be prone to rust - but if you use a good quality instrument disinfectant and follow manufacturer's instructions, then you shouldn't get rust - even on less expensive ones.

Obviously, the less time a product is immersed in a solution the better - but it has to be in long enough to allow effective disinfection.

I've PM'd you with details of a medical grade product that only needs 5 mins for thorough disinfection.

marketing-geek said:
it can be a combination of things. Less expensive tools can be prone to rust - but if you use a good quality instrument disinfectant and follow manufacturer's instructions, then you shouldn't get rust - even on less expensive ones.

Obviously, the less time a product is immersed in a solution the better - but it has to be in long enough to allow effective disinfection.

I've PM'd you with details of a medical grade product that only needs 5 mins for thorough disinfection.

my cuticle nippers are still the ones i got from my student kit a while back.. so probably not an expensive one and maybe that needs changing anyway....

can anyone recommend a pair of good cuticle nippers which actually stay sharp and rust-free....?

gobbylee said:
my cuticle nippers are still the ones i got from my student kit a while back.. so probably not an expensive one and maybe that needs changing anyway....

can anyone recommend a pair of good cuticle nippers which actually stay sharp and rust-free....?

buying quality tools is a good investment.
make sure you use good quality disinfectant products to keep them in tip top condition.

I can recomend the precision tools by creative nail design very very good nippers and the probe is superb.

gobbylee said:

I recommend all inpliments by Meehaz. ...or OPI they have wonderful stuff....

I've had this problem... usually I have soaked them too long. I would leave them in for 30 min 1 hr, or sometimes overnight. I do know you can get the rust off with solar oil and one other thing but I can remember right now. I'll have to get back to you on that.

gobbylee said:
hello geeks..

I bought a lubricating tube of oil from CND specially for using on tools and that has solved my rust problems, and I still use barbicide

Latest posts

Back