Cuticle or not to cuticle?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

amyyt03

Reaction score
when doing a shape and paint ONLY do you give the cuticles a quick tidy or not?
I feel like there only paying for a shape and paint not a manicure but if there too out of hand it nice to tidy a bit.
Thoughts ?

I don't offer just a file and paint; my minimum is cuticle work, file and paint.

My name is on the work, I want it to look as perfect as possible and I want it to last beautifully for my clients.

well I offer an express manicure for £8... (I think) never get many as most just want gel polish...... but it wouldn't hurt to do dry cuticle work..... It wouldn't look very nice with thick ol cuticles x

I don't offer just a file and paint; my minimum is cuticle work, file and paint.

My name is on the work, I want it to look as perfect as possible and I want it to last beautifully for my clients.
Totally agree with this :)

Cuticle work is standard with all my treatments. Not only do I want my work to look it's best I don't want to compromise the treatment by not prepping properly.

I offer a mini manicure for £7 which is just a file and paint so I wouldn't do the cuticles at this price. Some of my clients have excellent cuticles and look after their nails very well at home so they're really just wanting them to be painted nicely.
If the client had naff cuticles I would advise them to have a full manicure and possibly a hot oil treatment next time at £xx
I find that by offering a mini manicure clients will have it as an add on to their other treatments so it is extra money for me.
It's very very rare that an adult will book just for a mini manicure.

Latest posts

Back