Damaged hair from hairdresser

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
don't feel stupid or embarrased!! youv'e got nothing to feel stupid for. its their fault and theyve got to fix it!! it really does sound like theyve left the bleach on to long! say you don't want it cut short, at least you might get some products that might help! customers always right ! honestly people go back to salons for much smaller things than that so don't worry! xxx

As most pro's would know, bleach swells while its prosessing, if its applied too close to the roots theres a chance it could bleed out of the foil and onto your scalp, this could be why your scalp is sore. The pro's on here are right, you should go back to the salon in question and explain your situation. As you had foil highlights, a skin test wouldnt have made a difference as the colour shouldnt have touched your skin. A strand test or poprosity test would have been better if its your first time having bleach. If your are 100% sure you dont want to go back to the salon though try another salon, most stylist are more than happy to give you their advice on the best treatments to use.

Go back and discuss this with your hairdresser, if you are not happy with the feedback/solution you need to take it further.

PQ

i did get the confidence to phone up i explained what happened i was ment to go in and see her but i just couldnt go as she made me feel really stupid on the phone and made out that its inposible for this too happen and ask if id straightened it and made out could that be the problem? she wanted to look at my hair and made me feel like i was over reacting i was told if i went in they would cut it and condition it and thats it theres is not much more they would do for me and i rather them not touch my hair for what they have done , i have taken pics of my hair straight after and my head was red and all split i hate my hair i have booked in with a different hair dressers 2moz to deep condition it and cut the ends i have brought shampoo and a leave in conditioner thats called up to 10 ! and the osmo mask so hope theses help i have also hurd loads of olive oil helps so will try theses later

Leave your osmo treatment on for ages and just keep having regular trims then. you really shouldn't let them make you feel stupid though your not in the wrong at all!! xx

Probably a bit strong, but if this was me and I felt she was treating me like an idiot/the bad guy and made me feel intimidated enough over the phone to not want to go in, I'd write a letter to my local newspaper.

No way in the world would anyone get away with making me feel like this!

Last edited:
i think you should have shown her the pictures, and make her apologise, i would also refer back to the skin test that should have been done, then she'll be the one thats stupid! dont feel bad!

now il divulge in some old asian secrets for your scalp and hair, olive oil does work but coconut oil is so much better, you'll find it in some pharmacys but realistically go to an asian market and ask for it.

Not only will it hydrate and make your hair glossy but leave it on for a good couple hours or before you have a shower.
Use regularly a couple times a week till its back to normal, and it will be just like it was! not only will it not irrate the scalp but leave your hair glossy, smells nice too! the product itself is a natural oil which for the scalp nourishes it, when your own hair cannot excrete oil for moisture! It is widely used in afro caribbean hair.

try it out otherwise i suggest using heat repair oils/deep conditioners but refrain from strightening hair for a little while! HTHs xoxo

Louise, you are not stupid and they have no right to make you feel that way.

If you had foils there's no way that any bleach should have touched your scalp. Do you have any 'tiger stripes' close to your scalp? That would give you an idea of what happened. It also sounds to me as if they've used some serious strength peroxide on you to have damaged your hair this way.

You really must go and see them. Just try to think that by going back, you will be preventing anyone else being treated this way.
You don't have to let them do anything ... in fact, I wouldn't let them do anything. But they do need to explain themselves and, at least, refund your money. They need to be aware that you know that they've messed up.

Get mad and go for it, girl!!
:mad:

i did get the confidence to phone up i explained what happened i was ment to go in and see her but i just couldnt go as she made me feel really stupid on the phone and made out that its inposible for this too happen and ask if id straightened it and made out could that be the problem? she wanted to look at my hair and made me feel like i was over reacting i was told if i went in they would cut it and condition it and thats it theres is not much more they would do for me and i rather them not touch my hair for what they have done , i have taken pics of my hair straight after and my head was red and all split i hate my hair i have booked in with a different hair dressers 2moz to deep condition it and cut the ends i have brought shampoo and a leave in conditioner thats called up to 10 ! and the osmo mask so hope theses help i have also hurd loads of olive oil helps so will try theses later

Latest posts

Back