Damaged hair from hairdresser

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

louise26

Reaction score
hi there i was hopeing i could get some advice :)
i went to the hairdressers last friday and she put some high lights in my hair (bleach) and they just rushed me out the shop as fast as they could i didnt say ought i was just shocked and paid and left since then my head was like burning on the night time and its been sore since my hair is very long and was in lovely condition now its all split and dry looks in bad condition i have no idea on what to do for the best i have tryed lots of conditioner but my hair as like fell out and spilt looks tatty:(:( i remember i joined to this site a while a go and remembered there was coversations about hair can anyone give me advice on what to use? ect..

hope the hair pros dont mind me giving you a bit advice, but I have had a few disasters! lol I'd recommend going back to salon and telling her whats happened it should not have burnt your head ! and to be fair she should be giving you products to remedy the problem. But I'd personally recommend a hair mask I used osmo when my hair was wrecked wrapped it in cling film & left it on for a few hours before washing off. I also had a kertin spray, and if you can try not to use hair dryer or use it on a low heat, dont straighten unless essential just untill your hair recovers a bit. ( mine was over bleached after a wrong colour was put on my bleach blonde locks it went like chewing gum, & snapped had to have 8 inches cut off :cry:) hth xx

yeah thats kinda what mines like my ends are really dead split and dry i honestly dont want it chopped :( :( thank you i will try them see what they do :)
i dont really want to go back and complain as i really dont want to cause a fuss im not really that type of person plus its been a week so they might just blame me for it and make me look stupid to avoid looking bad they done this to my hair ahhh , god i been so stressed about my hair and my head is still sore even tho its not red anymore :(

Louise, you really need to go back and have a consultaion with them. There's no way that this should have happened nor should you not consider going back. You don't have to let them do anything to your hair. But they do need to know that they've messed up. Please don't think 'I don't want to make a fuss ...' You've no doubt put good money their way. They need to justify taking it off you.

Imagine that they don't know that they've made a mistake ... How would they know unless you tell them. None of us are perfect but I'm sure that if they weren't aware of their mistake they'd want to know - and to give you some treatments (at their cost) to try and put things right.

Please go back and explain your concerns to them. There's a chance that they *have* messed up. You need value for money and they need to know and try to put things right.

I guarantee all mine and my girls work. If I don't know a client is unhappy - for whatever reason - I can't put things right.

Please go back.

Hi Louise,

100% you must go back, if you had bout an item of clothing that was damaged you would take it back or a dvd that didnt work ? You hair is so much more important than those and you have paid for a service which not only did not give you the desired effect , it has most likely damaged your hair.
I am very concerned with the fact your scalp hurt and still hurts after a week!
If you are not a complainer is there someone who can go with you for support or who can calmly talk on your behalf. At the very least they should be offering you some advice and a programe of treatments or money back.
For practical advise, using treatments, macadamia healing oil is amazing and yes little heat and straightners.
Good luck x

Tess hit it perfectly.

Things happen, and it sounds like you got it twice over....possible allergic reation and over processing.

Also, no one says to chop your hair, but taking dry ends off will dramatically improve the look and feel of your hair....I put pressure on women who dont want to trim their hair, as what is the point of spending your money, wasting both our time, to have long hair that looks dry and dull???
Haircuts dont have to big, but mere dusting of the ends is a must, doubly so if you color.

i honestly dont want to go back there they already cut alot off before when they coloured it they knew they done wrong as it was snapping in the shop when they was brushing it they rushed me out as fast as they could but i paid and left as i was in shock i guess and im not the one to complain as i put my trust in her and its been a week so they wont do anythink about it i am not bold but my hair as snapped alot on top as u can see frizz and my hair is like dead at the ends spliting all the way up there would be nought they can do for me now as i have left it too long the sore feeling as now gone and i have brought some osmo intensive deep repair mask my partner as told me as well as my parents not to bother going back as they will just blame me and make me look stupid as im not very good with confrontation i have just learned not to go back :( :cry:

as a hair pro, didn't you time check it yourself when it was processing??
i know i would if bleach was being used...

dont think she is a hair pro!!!! how is her scalp so sore from just hi-lites? something very wrong here!!!!:)
as a hair pro, didn't you time check it yourself when it was processing??
i know i would if bleach was being used...

If you can get Redken CAT treatment, use that once a week.Its a protien treatment. Use their Extreme shampoo and conditioner. Antisnap leave in conditioner. If you can get Redken Power Shot Extreme use that as well. They all come in Blue bottles. These products work very well for damaged hair and I highly recommend them. I am a cosmetology teacher in the US and have been a stylist for almost 30 years. I hope this helps you.
Denise

Could you maybe just call the salon & ask about your scalp to start with then if you feel confident ask about it snapping? If I lived in your town I'd chum you n trust me they would not be blaming you lol xx

its the first time i have ever had bleach on my hair i was never offered a skin patch test which i have also been reading about? i will try buying them products also :)

you cant patch test bleach? like magenta hair said its very weird to have a sore scalp as you shouldn't have had much colour/bleach touch ur scalp with highlights? did they use foils? are you a hair pro?xx

nope not a hairdresser and first time of having highlights im a nail geek :) yes i had foils i have very long hair yes my head was like burning and then became sore

oh your profile says you are a hair pro? maybe need to change it?

Did they put any colour directly on your scalp? Because if it was just foils it shouldn't hurt your head, unless a lot of the foils leaked out which would be very obvious?

yeah thats kinda what mines like my ends are really dead split and dry i honestly dont want it chopped :( :( thank you i will try them see what they do :)
i dont really want to go back and complain as i really dont want to cause a fuss im not really that type of person plus its been a week so they might just blame me for it and make me look stupid to avoid looking bad they done this to my hair ahhh , god i been so stressed about my hair and my head is still sore even tho its not red anymore :(
absolutely go back babes... I am a hairdresser and been on recieving end of both(colleagues complaints I may add lol) they have a duty to follow up there mistakes on the service you recieved go back and if they get stroppy sue them.... they rushed you out as they were prob aware what they did to you... they should be giving you regular salon treatments a take home treatment and bending over backwards to make you happy...

i honestly dont want to go back there they already cut alot off before when they coloured it they knew they done wrong as it was snapping in the shop when they was brushing it they rushed me out as fast as they could but i paid and left as i was in shock i guess and im not the one to complain as i put my trust in her and its been a week so they wont do anythink about it i am not bold but my hair as snapped alot on top as u can see frizz and my hair is like dead at the ends spliting all the way up there would be nought they can do for me now as i have left it too long the sore feeling as now gone and i have brought some osmo intensive deep repair mask my partner as told me as well as my parents not to bother going back as they will just blame me and make me look stupid as im not very good with confrontation i have just learned not to go back :( :cry:
could you not get your fella/family too help you write a letter or get them to call up they cant blame you hun the customer is always right and even after a week explain that you didnt want to complain but your hair is unmanageable ... I am sure you have a pic of your hair b4 and now even if they dont offer treatments you should at least get a full refund...

my mum phoned them this moring and explained whats gone on and they was like if im staightening it or useing heat it will split my mum said perhaps the bleach as been left on to long they said they need to look at it and advised my mum to get a protein conditioner i will probley have to have my hair cut really short :( which i have never had!! i honestly dont want to go in there 2moz incase i look stupid my hair still long i have been conditioning it all week and brought masks and that oil so feels better i dont no weather im just being over parinoid now

the place is always full and theres about 15 hairdressers so i will feel really embarrassed thats why i so dont wanna go , i havent used any heat on my hair i am scared to use any just incase it snaps

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back