Damaged nail

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Geeg - Thank you ! now i get it :) :) :hug:
i will do that next time !

Last edited:
i sculpted a nail first, on a practice finger, poped it off, and made it thicker on the side where she had some nail - like fitting it in a hole ... (i don't know how else to explain it .. ) and den glued it on (I did get som on the skin, eventhough it's not good, but otherwise she'd catch on to everything ...)

Next time ... Build a plinth directly onto her natural nail. Then create your fake nail and glue it onto the plinth (you can also attach it with a small bead of acrylic for better longevity) .... This way it won't matter if moisture gets in underneath the edges as the important thing is the natural nail itself will be overlaid with the plinth and water will not leak under that. Using Solar oil will drive any moisture from under the edges but it is still a semi-permanent solution.

ah, I sort of understand.

If either of you lovely ladies would find yourself doing it again, would you mind taking a couple of photos of the fake nail (front & back) or however you make it so those with not as much knowledge could see ???

I'm just amazed at how things like this can be done !!

Sorry Zenia, I didn't mean to worry you :lol:

By the way, I am not CND trained but I buy many products from them like files, finishing and removing liquids and, of course Solar Oil. I think the only thing I can't buy is their liquid and powder system (someone will correct me if I am wrong).

oh - my english is not that good but what is a Plinth ? :)
unfortunately i'm not able to buy solar oil since i'm not educated by CND (yet - it's my next project), but i will provide her with the one i'm using for now...

You should be able to buy Solar Oil and all the retail products like Solar Oil. It is only the 'professional use only' products that require training. :hug:

you are both completely right apparently :D (but still very expensive - if i'm not educated by CND)
I've just called them - since i had other questions anyway - so i'll use up what i've got, and hopefully i'll have another certificate in a couple of months :D
yay more education

Geeg - a question you might know the answer to - if i wanted to convert gel and/or acrylic to CND - would I have to do the conversion in Denmark or could i choose another country ? (i know you have to stay loyal to the dealers, but as anybody else, i just want the best possible teacher/s)

Wonda - i will take some pictures next time :)

you are both completely right apparently :D (but still very expensive - if i'm not educated by CND)
I've just called them - since i had other questions anyway - so i'll use up what i've got, and hopefully i'll have another certificate in a couple of months :D
yay more education

Geeg - a question you might know the answer to - if i wanted to convert gel and/or acrylic to CND - would I have to do the conversion in Denmark or could i choose another country ? (i know you have to stay loyal to the dealers, but as anybody else, i just want the best possible teacher/s)

You can do a CND class in any country in the world you like, and any other CND distributor would honour your certificate. CND is a world wide Family no one minds where you train, we all know each other. :hug:

Last edited:
beautiful work :) x

That is amazing! Thanks so much for sharing with us :hug:

What an amazing transformation! And I'm in love with your nails too

Latest posts

Back