Dandruff

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

missty25

Reaction score
Help me lovely hair professionals for I have sinned, lol.

I have been using the dreaded head and shoulders shampoo as my scalp is so flaky. I have dark hair and it's so noticeable at my parting at the front, it's making me feel sooooo self conscious.

What is the best shampoo and conditioner that I can get? My hair medium long, no colour just natural, I have dry ends though and greasy roots 24 hours after washing. I try to wash my hair every 48 hours but sometimes give in due to the greasy look. Also this dandruff/flaky scalp started when I began using dry shampoo. I have not used dry shampoo for weeks though and still getting the flaking.

When I itch my scalp I can feel loads of loose flakes all over not just at the front.

Help me please.

PS the head and shoulder has obviously not worked in any way. I don't mind spending on something that will help.

Thanks geeks. X

Redken has a good dandruff control also stop using hairsprays you must have irritated your scalp unfortunately :( if your careful you can use baby powder takes the shine off your hair but don't over do it or u will look ridiculous'

Schwarzkopf bonacure dandruff control shampoo I don't get dandruff but can be irritated by a lot of things which creates a flaky itchy scalp I find this shampoo brilliant! ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1381582895.843387.jpg
Also dry shampoo and talc will just cause irritation as they lie on the scalp then merge with grease and becomes gunk !
Stop using product til ur scalp is flake free then use one at a time and u can find what u are allergic to and what u can use.
Use cool water to wash with and make sure ur washing ur scalp not ur hair as most people think ur supposed to do !
Hair gets washed in the process but u are actually washing ur scalp!!! Always do 2 washes .
When u think u have finished go back and rinse another 2 mins especially if ur hair is long and make sure u r gently tousling the hair and scalp to release all shampoo and conditioner!
Hope hhis helps x

Thanks, where can I purchase the shampoo and conditioner you recommended?

Schwarzkopf salons or Sally's Wholesalers x

Dandruff is large, yellow, greasy flakes. What you describe is dry scalp. If the flakes are white, switch to a moisturising shampoo such as Pureology hydrate or Redken all soft, and make sure you rinse REALLY well.
As you have found, dandruff shampoos won't work on dry scalp, and simply make the problem worse.

Persianista - I have this issue also, where can I buy these products? Will my hairdresser be able to get them for me?

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek mobile app

Thank you - hopefully the answer to my problems!

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek mobile app

Thanks persianista, you've jogged my memory about the pureology as I had heard about this before. It's definitely dry scalp then and not dandruff, thanks for clearing that up.

Latest posts

Back