Dark hair caramel highlights advice? Wella

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm fairly slow with foils as I'm still learning. Like I said it won't just be me attempting them I'm shadowing someone fully qualified but I have a long way to go with foils and speed of it.

So should I be doing 3 all the way down the lengths for the highlights at the back and 6 the top and then if it doesn't lift enough then use 1.9 also on the previous highlights? Or just 1.9 on the midlengths and ends with no higher percentage. I think I'm a bit lost lol.

I'd even be tempted to start with a 1.9% in the nape if you're slow then.

Oh right. Okay that makes sense. :) would you use the same percentage from roots to ends though?

Oh right. Okay that makes sense. :) would you use the same percentage from roots to ends though?

Yup, as your hairs in a foil it doesn't matter because you're leaving that 3cm heat gap so the roots won't lift faster (should do anyway). So I'd do like 1.9% on the nape, then move onto pastel on the crown and middle back, then a 4% on the sides and 6% on the top.

Cams97, what do you mean by 3cm gap in foils? Do you mean away from the root? X

Cams97, what do you mean by 3cm gap in foils? Do you mean away from the root? X

Yeah dgolds, like you don't take the product right to the root with foils, or it'll cause bleeding x

Oh gosh shows how much I have to learn. I didn't think you had to leave a 3 centimetre gap with foils :/ I thought it was much smaller!
Sorry if this is a stupid question but Won't that leave like a really obvious end point to the highlights near the root?

Oh gosh shows how much I have to learn. I didn't think you had to leave a 3 centimetre gap with foils :/ I thought it was much smaller!

Sorry if this is a stupid question but Won't that leave like a really obvious end point to the highlights near the root?

Thinking about it, not as big as 3cm🙈

Thinking about it, not as big as 3cm🙈

I was thinking that myself., thats one heck of a gap to leave, but didn't like to say. Lol

Lol okay few, that's a relief.

I've actually had a thought regarding the highlight, would 8 be right for that photo or is it more of a 7? In your guys opinion.

Lol okay few, that's a relief.

I've actually had a thought regarding the highlight, would 8 be right for that photo or is it more of a 7? In your guys opinion.

It's probably going to be a case of tone what it lifts to without damaging the hair.

Oh yeah that makes sense, okay well I guess I should prepare for both eventualities. If it's 7 use 7/73 and if it's 8 then 8/71?

Thanks for all your help I feel like I might just have my head around this now! :)

So what exact are you going risk now?

Best of luck and show us a picture she your done:)

Sent from my HTC One using SalonGeek mobile app

Oh thank you, yes 3cm is rather a big gap but I understand what you're saying thanx x

Oh thank you, yes 3cm is rather a big gap but I understand what you're saying thanx x

Don't know what I was bloody going on about🙊x

My new plan is:

Do the foils with blondor with 1.9% then 4% then 6 % as I go. Then color around the foils on the roots 5/73 with 6% and CT 5/73 with 1.9% on the remaining ends. Leave until the highlights lift to a 7 - I think her hair quality on the predyed is poor already so I recon 7 is safer, though I'll gauge that in person. Wash out, dry, Then tone with CT 7/73 or 8/71 and 1.9% depending on if we lift to a 7 or an 8.

Thank you :D I will!

My new plan is:

Do the foils with blondor with 1.9% then 4% then 6 % as I go. Then color around the foils on the roots 5/73 with 6% and CT 5/73 with 1.9% on the remaining ends. Leave until the highlights lift to a 7 - I think her hair quality on the predyed is poor already so I recon 7 is safer, though I'll gauge that in person. Wash out, dry, Then tone with CT 7/73 or 8/71 and 1.9% depending on if we lift to a 7 or an 8.

Thank you :D I will!

The only problem you've got, kp needs to be on the roots for 30-40 minutes, what if, because you're slow at foils, by the time you've got all your foils in those 1.9 ones are done and need rinsing off?

Oh man 😕 I don't even know how to solve that problem except for by working faster... Any suggestions?

I'd do a half head, lower the load of work, especially if your only just qualified, will make it quicker and less preassure, x

Sent from my HTC One using SalonGeek mobile app

Oh man 😕 I don't even know how to solve that problem except for by working faster... Any suggestions?

Do the roots first. Or like Jamie said, do half head or even T-section.

Latest posts

Back