Dashing Diva & GelBond Adhesive

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nail Envi

Reaction score
I'm just wondering if those of you who use the gel bond glue with dashing divas, still apply a little glue on the corners of the nail as well as on the back of the dashing divas, I have been doing this but finding it's too much and the glue is sometimes spreading onto the nail. I know at the event we were told to use plenty glue, but gel bond is much stronger than the DD one, so do we need less glue?
thanks

I do as I always do and apply a thin slick of GelBond Adhesive to both surfaces ... all along both surfaces. If some squidges out then just wipe it away.

hi
Im actually finding that some squidges out and then makes the whites smudge as if it melts the whites abit. You have to press down so they stick and sometimes you get stuck to the client. lol.

Has anyone else had this.

Also after you use the pink file over the whites what do you use to get all the duct off the nail. I swipe very quickly with scrubfresh again. Could this be causing problems.

I wish CND brought out a brush on adhesive that we could use for the dashing divas. I have found that the adhesive that is in the dashing divas not very good when im using the base and top coat that comes with it, does anyone use the adhesive that came with it when using shellac and how have you found this. I( have done 3 french shellacs and am nervous as to how long they are lasting.

Thanks

hi
Im actually finding that some squidges out and then makes the whites smudge as if it melts the whites abit. You have to press down so they stick and sometimes you get stuck to the client. lol.

Also after you use the pink file over the whites what do you use to get all the duct off the nail. I swipe very quickly with scrubfresh again. Could this be causing problems.

I wish CND brought out a brush on adhesive that we could use for the dashing divas. I have found that the adhesive that is in the dashing divas not very good when im using the base and top coat that comes with it, does anyone use the adhesive that came with it when using shellac and how have you found this. I( have done 3 french shellacs and am nervous as to how long they are lasting.

Thanks

ScrubFresh will melt the Dashing Divas so don't use it to wipe as it is for the natural nail only .. probably that is what is smudging your white as I have never seen GelBond do this when I have used it.

I have also used the DD brush on adhesive too and not had problems with it (but I do cover both surfaces with the brush on as I always have .. not just the corners).

I do as I always do and apply a thin slick of GelBond Adhesive to both surfaces ... all along both surfaces. If some squidges out then just wipe it away.

Thanks Gigi, I'll just carry on using it on both sides, but try to use a little less, lol.
Carol

hi

Thanks

I find I have the exact same problem with the white looking as though it's smudged at the smile line. It doesn't happen to all the nails I do, but most of them anyway. So it must be something about the way I'm doing it??? I wandered whether it was not enough glue, too much glue, maybe moving the applicator when I first put it down??? I don't use scrub fresh on top of it so I know it's not because of that for me. Any suggestions would be gratefully received!! :)

Also, another silly question I bet..... but when people say to just wipe excess glue off the nail..... what with?? Because it's already set and hard on the nail so what do you use to clean it off below the smile line?

Sorry for rambling, spent ages trying to find anyone with the same problem as me and this is the 1st person. Thanks xx

I've used my diva kit tonight for the first time and found the same problems. The glue has squashed up onto the nail plate. It was a trial run on my sister but still would like them to last! One nail didn't go on as great, I think I applied it a little too far up ever so slightly so had to file the free edge a little and shape the corner more than probably needed. They looked nice in the end but just hoping because of the glue on the nail plate that they last ok as they should do. xx

I find I have the exact same problem with the white looking as though it's smudged at the smile line. It doesn't happen to all the nails I do, but most of them anyway. So it must be something about the way I'm doing it??? I wandered whether it was not enough glue, too much glue, maybe moving the applicator when I first put it down??? I don't use scrub fresh on top of it so I know it's not because of that for me. Any suggestions would be gratefully received!! :)

Also, another silly question I bet..... but when people say to just wipe excess glue off the nail..... what with?? Because it's already set and hard on the nail so what do you use to clean it off below the smile line?

Sorry for rambling, spent ages trying to find anyone with the same problem as me and this is the 1st person. Thanks xx

I would also like to know what you all wipe the excess glue off with? I find the same its set by the time I get to it!

I would also like to know what you all wipe the excess glue off with? I find the same its set by the time I get to it!

GelBond doesn't set until you apply pressure to it so any that squeezes out from under the tip is easily wiped off in a trice :green:

Latest posts

Back