Data Protection Query? Mailshot to old clients?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TwinkleTips69

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

Bit of a weird one - I haven't been trading for quite some time now, but would like to start up again now my baby girl is a bit older.

I had a pretty big client database both record cards and mailing list on the computer.

Is it OK to send out a little postcard to all these clients, or should I have got rid of their info (It's only names, addresses and phone numbers - hardly bank details and medical stuff!)??!! I don't want to be breaking any laws!!

Thanks!

xx

I think technical, you are only supposed to keep data for as long as you need it, so assuming that you had very intention of coming back and mailing them, i would have thought it ok. [but its the information commissioner not me that you would have to convince]

Google ICO [information commissioners office] and see what it says or give them a call. I have spoken to them before and they were real helpfull

Well I only stopped because I got really poorly and then fell pregnant; I always intended to come back (just didn't realise I'd be away so long!).

Will have a look at the info on the ICO site - thanks for that!!

Edie

If it is for the same busines, then yes it is fine :) Just make sure you give them an option of how to opt out of future correspondance :D

Latest posts

Back