Dazzle Nail Foils

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mrshardie1980

Reaction score
Has anybody tried these?

Its slightly concerning to me that they are being sold on ebay with the tagline

"Dont pay a salon for a service you can do yourself"

There are a number of other people selling these wraps on ebay which are purchased wholesale from china but "Dazzle" has obviously chosen to brand them herself. Im not sure how you can brand something when other people selling it and you dont own the product??

Maybe im just being a grump today but im sick of people like this trying to take work away from us nail techs.

Normally i just sit here and read other peoples posts but i felt the need to speak up today.

xx

i bought some off someone on facebook & to be honest they dony compare at all to minx, i used them on my little girls toes & they lasted 2 weeks where as minx last 6 weeks on her, also the biggest size was just big enough for a 7 yr olds toes

I believe the lady who sells them on facebook is the one who has branded them as "Dazzle" but they just come from a wholesaler in china.

I know a few nail techs who have tried them out and agree with you that they are very small and they struggled to get the biggest size to fit some clients big toes :sad:

xx

mrs hardy please add me to facebook and ill send you a free sample of dazzle xx

can i be one to actually vouch for dazzle!! her foils are awesome!! i have used minx and they lasted on me for 5 days...dazzle lasted on me for 6 weeks and thats only coz i got bored of the design and wanted to change them!! does it really matter who or where they come from??? seriously its like being in school and being picked on for wearing hi-tech trainers instead of nike!! everybody has different opinions of all the different brands of foils...some people prefer trendy over minx, some prefer kooky over trendy etc at the end if the day they all do the same job and its all about how the tech applies it and how the client looks after their nails. i have purchased many packs of dazzle's and im more than 110% happy :) and if its coz they are available for sale on ebay..so is minx, trendy etc non-techs can get their hands on all sorts of professional beauty items nowadays!

can i be one to actually vouch for dazzle!! her foils are awesome!! i have used minx and they lasted on me for 5 days...dazzle lasted on me for 6 weeks and thats only coz i got bored of the design and wanted to change them!! does it really matter who or where they come from??? seriously its like being in school and being picked on for wearing hi-tech trainers instead of nike!! everybody has different opinions of all the different brands of foils...some people prefer trendy over minx, some prefer kooky over trendy etc at the end if the day they all do the same job and its all about how the tech applies it and how the client looks after their nails. i have purchased many packs of dazzle's and im more than 110% happy :) and if its coz they are available for sale on ebay..so is minx, trendy etc non-techs can get their hands on all sorts of professional beauty items nowadays!

Sorry, but I don't agree at all with this post.

Maybe your Minx didn't last because you didn't apply them correctly? They last for me and every other user who has the right equipment and does a good professional job . To just announce they didn't last on me (infering so therefore they must be rubbish) tells us nothing about who you are, your experience, whether or not you are a professional and just sounds plain silly to all the thousands of Minx users who have transformed thier business by offering MInx.

Does it matter where you buy them? Well to a professional it does. I wouldn't dream of touching a knock off no matter how good it was preported to be because Minx has the name, the reputation and is what my clients ask for and see in the magazines, notice the celebrities wearing ... looks by far the classiest on the nails and is 'designer' backed and is what I make money doing, which is why I am in business. I've no time to be saying to clients, "well, I don't have MINX but I do this brand which is just the same yadda yadda yadda" Someone wants Minx by name they get the genuine Minx and they pay a premium price to get it.

Blinx, Jinx, schminx ... there are hundreds of copy cats now ... but none of them have the caché of the real thing ... it's like the chavs that wear the Burberry knock offs and think it looks like the real thing ... Minx is in a class of its own looks wise just as real designer clothes are in a class of their own too. It's not all about how long they last but how they look and feel. Even if something lasts 12 weeks, no one should be wearing these things on their nails for longer than 4 weeks anyway. So perhaps choice is down to personal taste and some have better taste than others.

misspink87 said:
; seriously its like being in school and being picked on for wearing hi-tech trainers instead of nike!! for sale on ebay..

Well said misspink87

I can vouch for dazzle too, had them on in 40'c heat in egypt for 2 weeks, in and the water all the time, down at beach lots too and didnt loose one!! I also kept them on for 2 weeks when I got them home and only took them off to chage design :)

Last edited by a moderator:
it was not myself that applied the minx, it was another nail tech. it seems as tho you have to be in some sort of clique on this forum and its complete and utter rubbish. its like school yard bitching, it seems if your not cnd trained on here your not 'at the top of the class' as such. pathetic

it was not myself that applied the minx, it was another nail tech. it seems as tho you have to be in some sort of clique on this forum and its complete and utter rubbish. its like school yard bitching, it seems if your not cnd trained on here your not 'at the top of the class' as such. pathetic

Really? I think that is your perception and not everyones and I also think it is wrong but that is up to you to sort out. I call it the CND chip on the shoulder and if that is how you want to see things then that is how you will see them. "Change how you see things and the things you see will change"

You are the one who said you had 'used' Minx ... you din't say you had only worn them and some other tech had applied them. What else would I think but that you applied them? If in fact you have used them, then you will of course know that Minx last as long as they say they do and how fab they are.

No school yard bitching here and the only bitchy remarks made have in actual fact been made by you yourself. Is there a point to it I wonder? Would youcall it a mature and constructive thing to do or kind of 'school yard' and pathetic?

a few things confuse me

nail wraps were not invented by minx as i was using duracolour back in 2000 minx only patented the adhesive!!

minx are NOT cnd are they? as minx are a seperate company and cnd are just the distributer?

forms were ridiculed until creative came out with popits

it just seems that they just take something alreay around, change it, and make it theirs??

a few things confuse me

nail wraps were not invented by minx as i was using duracolour back in 2000 minx only patented the adhesive!!

minx are NOT cnd are they? as minx are a seperate company and cnd are just the distributer?

forms were ridiculed until creative came out with popits

it just seems that they just take something alreay around, change it, and make it theirs??

Yes, you are a bit confused, I think.

Minx as they are were invented by Minx and it is the method of applying that is patented. Minx are a separate company as you say and are not made by CND but are distributred by Sweet Squared. Their designs are classy and superb. Celebrity endorsement has been HUGE and the public exposure massive because of it.

Creative did not come out with PopIts ... Sweet Squared came out with PopIts in the UK, which were branded under a new name (PopIts) and which were a fab product that was also knocked off by many others but no one had real success with them but S2. I think very few people understood the whole concept of PopIts, which was to use them for QUICK full set services to help compete and go after the discount salon mob. Very few 'got it' and instead lost that chance for their businesses. Techs were scared of them as they looked so fantastic (in many cases much more perfect than most techs can do by hand) .. and I think were worried they would take over from hand done services.. Instead, the discount salons have taken over the quick service market when many of us could have stolen it away from them using PopIts.

Technicians (and the copycats) should be thanking their lucky stars that Sweet Squared, CND and Minx are so brillient at supporting them and their success with these products and the public exposure they have given to them; it has improved business for all the technicians that use them.

I also think that as the owner of dazle nail foils, Julia, you should as per the site rules, discolose that fact on your profile so that everyone is aware of it. The rest of us have done. No need to have 2 different user names answering questions here as it is confusing and a tad misleading. Both of your user names need to disclose it on your profiles.

Last edited:
so popits came out BEFORE inverted forms?

sorry inverted moulds

when did sweet squared "invent" popits?

asthis is my personal account and i have not mentioned dazzle at all i just wanted to ask about the other things

Last edited by a moderator:
so popits came out BEFORE inverted forms?

sorry inverted moulds

when did sweet squared "invent" popits?

PopIts are completely different to inverted nail moulds.

I never said anywhere that Sweet Squared invented PopIts. I said they came out with them in the UK. Made that quite clear. S2 bought them from their supplier, just like they do Minx, and re-branded them under a new name; just as I said in my post.

asthis is my personal account and i have not mentioned dazzle at all i just wanted to ask about the other things

There is no such thing as a personal account here if you are a supplier to the industry. You have not disclosed on either of your user accounts and as per site rules you are required to do so on both. I would go and tick the appropriate boxes on your profile as you have not done it on either. Any more questions about this can be posted in My Forum or pmd to me or any other moderator.

To get back on topic to the original posters comments which I'm sure many will want to discuss as the subversion of our industry by the ones she is highlight¡ing is something that concerns us all. Why would anyone in our business support that??
Has anybody tried these?

Its slightly concerning to me that they are being sold on ebay with the tagline

"Dont pay a salon for a service you can do yourself"

There are a number of other people selling these wraps on ebay which are purchased wholesale from china but "Dazzle" has obviously chosen to brand them herself. Im not sure how you can brand something when other people selling it and you dont own the product??

Maybe im just being a grump today but im sick of people like this trying to take work away from us nail techs.

Normally i just sit here and read other peoples posts but i felt the need to speak up today.

xx

Last edited:
Dazzle, thanks for the offer but I will politely decline.

Firstly I would like to say that I'm not CND trained and therefore did not start this thread just to preach about how minx is the best.

Secondly, I'm not bitching, I was merely having an opinion.

As a nail tech I have used minx and TNW on my clients as they ask for them by name and they have a good reputation. I understand there are some of you who will pipe up and say dazzle are great, they stayed on longer than minx blah blah blah, but do you tell your clients they are just a cheap knock off?

I have seen many people selling these exact wraps on eBay so they aren't exclusive to dazzle. She has just found a very clever way to make herself some cash, but just cos she named them dazzle doesn't mean they are a reputable brand. She is selling them onto people like you at ridiculously low prices and you are snapping them up cos she is claiming they are just as good as the leading brand. I'll give her credit, she is a very good saleswoman, but I for one will not be offering these cheap imitations to my clients.

Latest posts

Back