De-activate Salon Geek account?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I really think the more sensitive ones among us need to by pass the heavy threads! Or the ones which go round and round and round, I for one sometimes feel I have to comment and then I feel angry and upset afterwards. The only remedy is to avoid it all I think.

We can all convene over in chit chat or on nice supportive threads like this! No one should feel they have to leave because of others!!!

Last edited:
When I think back to why Samuel created this board, all those years ago, I am actually appalled at the way some people disrespect Salon Geek and Samuel for his vision.

I wish people would view Salon Geek as a salon staff room, would you expect to be spoken to the way some people speak to you in a work situation. I think if some people behaved in public as they do here behind the so called protection of a computer screen, they would be ostracized, sacked or even receive some hands on treatment LOL.

Do they really think it is professional, I wonder how their clients would feel if they were spoken to in this manner.

Think before posting!

T - is it true
H - is it helpful
I - is it inspiring
N - is it necessary
K - is it kind

And one last thing - DO NOT FEED THE TROLLS! rise above and they will get bored and return to Facebook to play their silly games!

Although we have a report button for any posts which you may find offensive or out of line, you always have the freedom of choice of whether to log into Salon Geek or just to simply take a break for a while and avoid logging in until you have decided its time to step back in again.

That said, if anyone feels that strongly that they would prefer their account is disabled, then there is a Contact Us button at the bottom of the page, although I would discourage anyone from using it unless they're absolutely sure that's the right course of action for them.

In the meantime and like many other forums really, there are moments of heated debate and discussion where not everyone will agree with each other. As a gentle reminder though, one of the golden rules of this site is to "Reply to others how you would like them to reply to you".

That last sentence is the key! we need to respect each other, especially the more experienced and professional people, They didn't get to where they are by not knowing there stuff!
I think if people don't agree with something fair enough but instead of causing a argument maybe send that person a nice private message putting there view forward.
Alot of the ladies on here have helped one another so obviously jump on the defense of there friends ect.
Lets all try and respect what each other say, its a start :hug:
Ps to the op give it another week, things may be fine x x x

Could we also have some different questions.... and maybe some of a higher intelligence level than the usual? I don't mean to sound rude but I am becoming rather bored with the same old threads. ...I have no problem with anyone telling me to 'get a life' ...ha ha. I will never grasp the word bullying or troll on an adult public forum.... easy from someone with a heart of stone...ha ha.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using SalonGeek mobile app

Could we also have some different questions.... and maybe some of a higher intelligence level than the usual? I don't mean to sound rude but I am becoming rather bored with the same old threads. ...I have no problem with anyone telling me to 'get a life' ...ha ha. I will never grasp the word bullying or troll on an adult public forum.... easy from someone with a heart of stone...ha ha.

Not having a go! but what do you mean by "higher intelligence level"

Just so we're all clear! Ta!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I went to my settings and blocked the people who are the stirrers and antagonists - it makes reading SG a much more pleasant experience! ;)

Not having a go! but what do you mean by "higher intelligence level"

Just so we're all clear! Ta!

"Why does long hair tie up better than sort hair" was one I read. ..... Probably a joke one to be fair. :)

I had a horrible experience on a thread I started a few weeks ago regarding gift vouchers. It ended up with certain people accusing me of all kinds of things and it was so upsetting. Its such a shame as I too have held back so much more since then on posting as it really put me off. I tend to see the same few people posting on threads that to me seem antagonistic and just simply looking for a reaction to cause trouble. I believe that if we report those who are trolling then SG should suspend those users accounts to be perfectly honest.

To the OP. Maybe just use SG as a means of reading advice and helpful hints and tips rather than posting to avoid unecessary replies from others. Thats what I have begun to do and its much better. Its a shame that those who want to be unkind ruin it for the rest of us.

Have a great weekend xx

Hope
Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

I went to my settings and blocked the people who are the stirrers and antagonists - it makes reading SG a much more pleasant experience! ;)

Ooops, meant to quote you, not heart!!

So, if I'm understanding you correctly, does that mean if you block someone you can't actually see their posts, never mind receive private mail?

I had a horrible experience on a thread I started a few weeks ago regarding gift vouchers. It ended up with certain people accusing me of all kinds of things and it was so upsetting. Its such a shame as I too have held back so much more since then on posting as it really put me off. I tend to see the same few people posting on threads that to me seem antagonistic and just simply looking for a reaction to cause trouble. I believe that if we report those who are trolling then SG should suspend those users accounts to be perfectly honest.

To the OP. Maybe just use SG as a means of reading advice and helpful hints and tips rather than posting to avoid unecessary replies from others. Thats what I have begun to do and its much better. Its a shame that those who want to be unkind ruin it for the rest of us.

Have a great weekend xx

Hope
Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

Why do people not accept opinions of others is it because they don't like what they read? There are so many people that write posts don't like the answers and then shout the word troll about. I think its wrong. . And to be fair those people are the worst for behaving troll like!

Yes you can Deena but if you did block someone , their posts wouldn't appear on a thread you were reading which could be very confusing.

I would just ignore them instead and as the mods have said ...report them if needs be.

Yes you can Deena but if you did block someone , their posts wouldn't appear on a thread you were reading which could be very confusing.

I would just ignore them instead and as the mods have said ...report them if needs be.

Thanks for the reply. Just curious to find out and, yes, it would be VERY confusing!

"Why does long hair tie up better than sort hair" was one I read. ..... Probably a joke one to be fair. :)

I hope it was a joke! Otherwise there is no hope for humanity!

It was probably a little unfair of me to put the word 'usual' but some posts I do look at and think 'really!' .... but they are more in the business forum.... and they generally are repetitive threads.... oh and the ones that say ' where can I find the phone number for ' such and such' company'...Those to me beggar belief.

Yes I must say I saw the short hair, long hair one... I must say that was the most bizzare question I've seen asked here to date! Could not of been serious!

I didn't see that thread...I thought virtues was yanking our chains haha xx

Virtues, perhaps you could lead the way and start some threads with 'higher intelligence', so we can see what you mean.

I like your posts, Sgt wouldn't be the same without you, but could bash you over the head with that big wooden stick you stir around ..lol.. just kiddin.. :twisted::p

I've started to avoid anything that starts with broken lamp, bluesky or ones from non pros asking advice on the pro forum bits.
I'm not a cnd user so I keep out of those as well :)
I like chit chat though :)

Sent from my iPhone using SalonGeek mobile app

Oh gosh. .. Are you all picking on me. .. hold on where is the report button. ...Really.

Where do you get pulling chain and stirring with a stick from? Because I don't follow the lemmings and stick to the same views as everyone else just to keep the peace and not share my opinions on what is meant to be an adult professional site. I don't have any issues with other people's opinions of me and I do listen to other points of view, if that makes me a bad troll like person then so be it.

Feel free to remove me from this site.

My sense of humour has left the building for a short break. :mad:

Last edited:
Noooo don't remove virtues! Your posts make me laugh and I love how you say it like it is :) x

Sent from my iPhone using SalonGeek mobile app

Latest posts

Back