Dealing with difficult customer

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

diddlse1

Reaction score
Hi, this is my first post - hi everyone!

I've searched the forum and although this question has been answered before, I just need to get someones perspective on it.

I own a salon doing hair, nails, makeup, tanning & have a sunbed. All of our customers always leave extremely happy. We have full qualified and experienced staff handling each aspect of the business.

On Saturday we had a customer come in rushing around to find acrylics for a 'Blind Date' and we had space to take her. She left really happy after getting a full set and left loving her nails. Fast forward to today, (Wednesday) she came in unhappy and said all her nails. fell off on Sunday. When we had a look at her nails this afternoon there was a couple of nails which looked slightly damaged where we think she was trying to pull them off herself.

When she was in the salon today we were extremely busy and had customers waiting everywhere and we just gave her a refund in the end. Now I've been thinking twice about giving a refund and maybe challenging some of the points of her story after reading a few posts on here.

We use the tip & dip system and had many happy customers with it (although the traditional monomer & polymer is available if clients wish to use it). The most nails that have come off have maybe been one or two after about a week or so (and giving that we do repairs free of charge if nails were done by us this hasn't been an issue and this is only a small percentage of our clients).

What do you guys think to it? Was it right/wrong of me to give a refund?

Had they fell off at all?.

All of them 'fell off' on Sunday (1 day after they were applied).

I think it's likely she scammed you, I'd ring the company who makes the product and ask them about it.

Obviously you'll be fully booked next time she tries to book.

She wanted her nails done for her date Saturday and that was it . No I would not have given a refund . I would bet money on the fact she picked them off and just wanted them done free for her date !!!

Hi, welcome to our lovely forum!

Can completely understand you refunding with a busy shop and her complaining. She sounds a nightmare! I'd probably have done the same to get rid. And probably regretted it later like you as well!

I share the opinion that she took you for a ride, never mind, live and learn and just blacklist her for next time :)

I wouldn't have refunded but offered a repair. I'm very cynical but was there any real evidence to suggest she had damaged the nails? If so then that's an issue to be discussed with the client.

I would definitely not of refunded the full amount as not only is she paying for materials but time also.
One thing ive learnt is if they are not happy they will not be back so why should you refund? If this happens again I would examine to make sure the client hasnt damaged and removed the nail herself, if you then can't fit them in to fix it, half of the treatment cost to be refunded at the absolute maximum. X

Latest posts

Back