Debt Chasing letter

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

marie111

Reaction score
Does anyone have a copy of a standard debt chasing letter or can someone suggest what to write.
I'm owed just over £1000 from a company I did work for back in March, they have always been slow payers, I sent the invoices immediately, then sent a statement of account letting them know they had 7 days to pay, over 3 weeks ago, still no payment.
I'm useless at writing things like this and have trawled the web and can't find anything.

Does anyone have a copy of a standard debt chasing letter or can someone suggest what to write.
I'm owed just over £1000 from a company I did work for back in March, they have always been slow payers, I sent the invoices immediately, then sent a statement of account letting them know they had 7 days to pay, over 3 weeks ago, still no payment.
I'm useless at writing things like this and have trawled the web and can't find anything.

I work as a credit controller by day, I can email you a standard chasing letter on monday if thats any good to you, pm me your email address

I have been doing the job 7 years i should know the text off top of my head!!

Vicky x

I do feel for you. Slow payers can be the death of small businesses - I've had so many, and it's often the bigger companies too.

Any reminders and demand letters I've sent tend to be ignored and they take their own time anyway.

I have found the best way is to contact the person who hired you in the first place and get them to chase it up internally.

Good luck

I do feel for you. Slow payers can be the death of small businesses - I've had so many, and it's often the bigger companies too.

Any reminders and demand letters I've sent tend to be ignored and they take their own time anyway.

I have found the best way is to contact the person who hired you in the first place and get them to chase it up internally.

Good luck

Have done that, obvously didn't work, will take up Vickys kind offer.

grrr... isnt it annoying i am owed alot of money from one company, two invoices. what makes me mad is that they are a massive massive company who could easily afford £2400. they dont realise that cash flow is everything to a small local business, they have owed me since 11th april 2009. i'm still waiting, any chance i could have a copy of that letter please? i sent red invoices out 2 weeks ago, rang several times, can never get through to the boss of accounts!!!! always on her lunch! even at 5pm. i cant just turn up, because of the security. sorry to gatecrash your thread, but i saw the title and it made my blood boil!! blinkin big companies.. will never work for this company again thats for sure! let me know how you get on!
:irked:

My cheque arrived Saturday morning, good timing my freezer died on Friday eveining.

grrr... isnt it annoying i am owed alot of money from one company, two invoices. what makes me mad is that they are a massive massive company who could easily afford £2400. they dont realise that cash flow is everything to a small local business, they have owed me since 11th april 2009. i'm still waiting, any chance i could have a copy of that letter please? i sent red invoices out 2 weeks ago, rang several times, can never get through to the boss of accounts!!!! always on her lunch! even at 5pm. i cant just turn up, because of the security. sorry to gatecrash your thread, but i saw the title and it made my blood boil!! blinkin big companies.. will never work for this company again thats for sure! let me know how you get on!
:irked:

Try Thomas Higgins solicitors...there kind of a mail order solicitors who send the various letters out...not sure of any set up costs but the letters they send are cheap(computerized) and generally get the required results :hug:

Most of my debt collection is done through Jack Russell collections, although they should be called bull dogs cause they rip companies apart that owe you money! They take no fees up front and charge 15% on any debts they collect.

Other than that my solicitor is ruthless and has sent court baliffs and winding up petitions for me to people and they have paid within days! But then she is my sister so its free!

My cheque arrived Saturday morning, good timing my freezer died on Friday eveining.

fab news, glad to hear you got it sorted!!!:)

Latest posts

Back