Decent simple nail art book anyone?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

heatherp

Reaction score
Hi guys

My day for questions today :D.

I do very little nail art although rockstar is starting to prove popular.

I have brought a fair bit of art things including konad and have done nothing with it really so want this to change and thought I'd do some nail art colour pops in the salon to show peeps what I can do (which is nothing at the mo! )

My client base is not teenagers, more £30 + mostly so want the more sophisticated look, I've read the threads and alot of geeks say about just having a play but my imagination and artistic flair for nail art is absolutely zilch so need a book to get me going.

Went on amazon and was amazed at the cost of them :-

Nail Art: Create Over 50 Nail-Art Designs by Pansy Alexander

£177 !!!!!

Please god tell me this is not necessary, I need something that goes right back to the basics,what brushes I need and why etc. as good as they are I don't want just the tutorials on here or u tube, I wanted something that I could lay out in front of me on my table and practise.

Any ideas my geeky mates??

H xx

Get thee to YouTube :D

Just put 'nail art tutorial' in the search box and away you go, I would start by sorting them by either 'hit count' or 'rating' then you'll get the best ones first.

There are thousands out there for free, don't bother with the books unless there is something you specifically want to do that's best gleaned from a book.

I love Miss80Million on YouTube she does some very simple but effective nail art with Konad, just polish and all sorts. If you want to start hand painting Robin Moses on YouTube is amazing, she is very very good and makes it look alot simpler that it really it but very inspiring.

I also like Luv4nails, she does a new look each week and Yummy Nails.

Give those 4 a whirl and see how you get on :)

Hi guys

My day for questions today :D.

I do very little nail art although rockstar is starting to prove popular.

I have brought a fair bit of art things including konad and have done nothing with it really so want this to change and thought I'd do some nail art colour pops in the salon to show peeps what I can do (which is nothing at the mo! )

My client base is not teenagers, more £30 + mostly so want the more sophisticated look, I've read the threads and alot of geeks say about just having a play but my imagination and artistic flair for nail art is absolutely zilch so need a book to get me going.

Went on amazon and was amazed at the cost of them :-

Nail Art: Create Over 50 Nail-Art Designs by Pansy Alexander

£177 !!!!!

Please god tell me this is not necessary, I need something that goes right back to the basics,what brushes I need and why etc. as good as they are I don't want just the tutorials on here or u tube, I wanted something that I could lay out in front of me on my table and practise.

Any ideas my geeky mates??

H xx

Konad sell a book with an image of the plate and the different looks that it can achieve. I also have a lot of Konad images which are beautiful. PM me if you want any details xx

Why not try to book onto a nail art course a good one will cover lots of different techniques and also help you find some inspiration HTH x

Konad sell a book with an image of the plate and the different looks that it can achieve. I also have a lot of Konad images which are beautiful. PM me if you want any details xx

Konad do a book?!

Hi hun...have you had a look at LOL nail courses?

I have done quite a few of them in the past and they are reasonable price for their single sets and have some fab courses to choose from or you can do the master course which give you a certificate at the end

Las Vagas series Modules - LOL Nail Courses they give you the basics to enable you get your creative head on

and I have just got myself into an excitable tither going back on this site as I see the new Tokyo series is coming soon whooooooooooooooop :D

oh and the Bindi one is just gorgeous! x

Thanks guys, some good leads here and will look into them.

Thanks for taking the time to answer

Heather xx

Excellent stuff on here, thank you! :)

i bought nail art brushes on amazon by the edge. Have been practising for a few weeks now. I mostly do freehand. Ive been doing art for years but have only just got into the nail business. Nail art is one of my fav parts. I find it useful to think about a design you would like to do. Eg chinese cherry blossom. Then look at a few pics on google images. Get out a piece of paper an try and create something. After a few goes I can come up with a nail design. I also put e few blobs of polish onto a palate and try mixing colours etc. Hope this helps. x

Latest posts

Back