Decleor

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Charlottetx

Reaction score
Hey guys!

I know there are so many threads on here about diff skincare brands and start up costs but i just wanted to get some info of you guys if you know about Decleor and training ect!

Ive had my salon 4 years this year, and just extended the salon with more treatment rooms :)

At the minute i use Susan Monu, i do like the products, find they are of good quality, the products seem to suit all my clients, fairly cheap to buy which means i get a good profit in return - however, i find when 'new' clients come in the salon and ask about facials we do, its not that well known, and i have been thinking to go with a bigger brand thats well known as clients are more likely to purchase products and go from something which they know of?!

I have someone from Decleor coming out to me next week, i am very interested and have been given a rough idea of the start up/opening account prices (£3000-4500) seems a lot, but I'm hoping the return profit will make it worth while?

Do any of you guys know what the training is like? I've heard its a week for facials, and week for body treatments in London? The thing is it puts me off slightly thinking i am going to have to shut the salon for a week or 2 to go there training?

Any advise or thoughts would be greatly appreciated, thank you! :)

There is quite a bit on Decleor already on here if you do a search.
My daughter did their body and face course a few years back and learnt a lot and enjoyed it immensely.
Martin Duffy on here I'm sure will tell you more,he knows everything there is to know about Decleor.

First of all, Decleor is a beautiful product range. I love them! I worked with them for a short time and they are lovely to work with and I noticed visible results myself with my dry and dehydrated skin immediately. They are very luxurious and give super results.

With regards to training, with a prestige skin care brand I think you will find most will require you to go on a training course which may be days long, or weeks, like the Decleor one. There is a lot to learn with regards to products and how to perform the treatments correctly.

The 2 weeks will go so quickly and in the grand scheme of things it will be 2 weeks well spent to have such a lovely addition to your treatment menu and gorgeous products for your salon! You will probably really enjoy yourself too, and get to sample all the treatments yourself.

The tv channel QVC often have Decleor on and they do demonstrations etc, so this could give you a sneaky peek and a head start on your training! The QVC presenter Alison Young love Decleor too.

Best wishes xx

For my training with Decleor I did 5 days face (two days focusing on anti-ageing) and 5 days body.
The training was only a 20 min drive from where I live/work (I live in the north west)... I work in a hotel spa but there were girls there from salons nearby soo I think they just put you on wherever is most suitable for you!
It is a beautiful brand, I love it and so do the clients, and it's also well known which helps with retailing the products!

Hope this helps xx

Hello!

Although the start-up seems a lot, you get an awful lot of for it, besides the retail and professional products you get a lot of posters, display materials, leaflets, testers, samples etc, and not to mention the free training and ongoing rep support!

I find Decleor sells very easily, both in terms of products and treatments, which meant I made back my initial investment in next to no time!

As for the training, I believe it can now be split into sections. I think the face is five days, but the body you can do as modules (2 days for the Aromassage, and separate days for the wraps, body treatments, hot stone massage, deep tissue massage, red island ritual, Madagascan escape massage etc etc).

The training is very thorough, and well worth it in terms of the quality of treatments that you are then able to offer. I absolutely love the training, and even better that it's completely free!

I did a five day training course a couple of years ago with environ and then did it again with my daughter last October and it is simply one of the best things I have done.
Rather than seeing it as a hurdle, embrace it. Learn all you can which will truly enable you to retail. I got a loan to pay for my skincare and took out a bit extra to stay in a hotel and help with my budgeting. This meant I was able to focus on my training rather than worrying about money.
Everything I have read would indicate Decleor training is excellent so start to get excited.
Good luck.

Vicki x

Latest posts

Back