Deep C curve French nails

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Beautification

Reaction score
I just love these!

I'm still training, so can't give much advice.

But I wanted to say, on the right hand pointer finger, it looks like the smile line does not meet with Z2, it looks like they are sculpted and the 2 zones have not touched each other correctly and have separated or something.
It could just be the camera angle too:)

But they do look good I will say.

The White tips used are too wide and look a little fan shaped on a few z3 looks like it would lift as to close to skin on a few, the colour of your pink is wrong far too pink look sore, you can see where you have tried to extend nail bed on a couple hence the gap.

I would try and concentrate on more natural looking nails take the length down a little, they don't look to thick but they are tips abs not the best shot to judge every aspect. Try sculpting your whites see how you go and use a sifter pink. Xxxx keep at it

Hi,

I haven't sculpted these I used tips and haven't extended the nail bed either :/ lol.
The pink is just the normal pink I always use which is Ezflow not anything special and not reallythat pink either compared to others i've used.

I do agree with the tips being too wide though, I did file them down a bit but looking at the picture not enough.

If i'm honest I don't understand when people say (in general) to make pink & whites more natural...there pink & whites there not going to be natural hence why my clients chose these, they now that i offer natural tips but offer this. xx

I'm not a master tech but all I can really see with these is a little refining. You've already pointed out your sidewalls but to me they just look a little jagged and just need a once over with a softer file and maybe no more than 2mm off the tips to balance the whites a little.

Sometimes when i used white tips (and I still make the same mistakes as you when I do them) I've noticed on some clients that they do make the nail tip look too wide. I've found tailoring them a bit more at an angle makes them appear sleeker.

Can I ask what tips you used? I like the smile line they give :hug:

If i'm honest I don't understand when people say (in general) to make pink & whites more natural...there pink & whites there not going to be natural hence why my clients chose these, they now that i offer natural tips but offer this. xx[/QUOTE]

Pink and whites can be 'natural'.
I know that some clients want that 'false' look, but its still very possible to use a soft white and the correct pink (coverage) if needs be and they can look natural.

Hiya,

I can't really do anything about the white as their tips, the pink is just a normal ezflow pink and I don't think it's pink at all.

That's the clear pink.
You would have needed to use a coverage pink (which sorry, not finished my morning cuppa, so can't think of the name off the top of my head) and there's one in HD.

I personally custom blend my 'pinks'. Antony buckley has a lovely recipe. You can tweak it to suit yourself:
5 parts A polymer Natural
3 or 4 parts Pansy ( depending on how much opacity you want)
small amount Wallflower to cut the pink.

Hth's

Im sorry were you not after critique or just nice comments . IMO the pink is wrong for the clients skin tone tips are too wide and long, look a little fanned and flat you can see on a few where you have cut the tip and it's bent .

My p&w clients nails look very natural using either sculpting on a form or using tips I would always always use White powder to sculpt my z1.

I'm sorry I thought you wanted critique but looking at the title maybe I was wrong?? Xx

I was looking for critique and I have taken your comments onboard I did actually agree with them...
I was just pointing out I had just used a normal pink and not any special pink e.g cover or i know some companies offer a pink that it a lot more pink.

I wasn't trying to create natural nails I was just doing the nails that my client asked for.

As I said before I do agree about your comment regarding the tips if i'm honest I think I could have probably used the tip smaller than that.xx

Well, i love these nails. Although i am not fond of the pink colour on the nailbeds. I can see why people think you have used a cover pink. Young nails also hase an extreme pink and in combination with white powder it gives a great dramatic look.

All in all i would be very glad with these nails;)

Think you may have trouble with lifting, application looks a little thick on the sidewalls and may have flooded a bit especially on the ring finger. I would also use a bigger tip next time so you make sure they fit the nat nail, you can always run a file along them to get a good fit. hth

Well, i love these nails. Although i am not fond of the pink colour on the nailbeds. I can see why people think you have used a cover pink. Young nails also hase an extreme pink and in combination with white powder it gives a great dramatic look.

All in all i would be very glad with these nails;)

She used the 'clear' pink. I think it looks over pink because the nail plates might be a tad 'red' from over-filing maybe?

Hi,

Thanks for the links,I already have the cover pink though just don't use it less i'm extending as i don't think it's a natural pink.

I don't think the nails are pink from over filing as i didn't do much filing on these at all if i'm honest..And I didn't file before application i just went over with my sandshark to remove the shine off the tip.xx

any chance that it isn't something i've done and thiscould just be the colour of her nails or something else that could cause it, i know my nail beds (long before i started nails) used to be really really pink it looked like i'd stained them with raspberrys or something, not anymore...no idea why though.

I just took another look.
Maybe it's the "lighting" when you took the picture that made them look pinker than they are? Because the skin is a funny colour too. I looked there for a point of reference.

As for the cover-pink, try blending it (using a mini-mortar & pestle to make sure to break up the colours together) with some clear and/or natural to get a softer more gentle shade? I find it too bright too, personally. Not very natural.

hth's

Some people do just have really pink nail beds and others don't.
I know for myself, mine are really quite white compared to others and always have been, so when I first tried my NSI pink masque it looked REALLY REALLY pink, so I have to custom blend to do my own nails cause I just can't get a good colour otherwise.

I just took another look.
Maybe it's the "lighting" when you took the picture that made them look pinker than they are? Because the skin is a funny colour too. I looked there for a point of reference.

As for the cover-pink, try blending it (using a mini-mortar & pestle to make sure to break up the colours together) with some clear and/or natural to get a softer more gentle shade? I find it too bright too, personally. Not very natural.

hth's

The cover powder* is not very natural you mean? Because that's what I think!! Although i did do a set tonight and used the cover pink and to be honest, it looked ok.

It all depends on if you can CC blend , I have always done this before enroling on my masters and doing my cc blending. I was always mixing and blending I found hardest part was remembering who's was who's lol.

I find CND intense pink too pink for some so add a little blush for a more peachy blend , yet some clients are more pure pink with a dash of blue or red,,, it just depends my sister has NNO on really long nail beds and yet loves an opaque pink, which I custom blend with sheer and dash of silver and blue to compliment . Xxx

Latest posts

Back