Demand for nail techs in Australia?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sjk100

Reaction score
im travelling Australia later this year and just wondering what the demand is for them in oz? which areas more than others? and what I could expect for rate of pay? thanks xx

Why not contact the Autralian authorities and ask? I know they want hairdressers! There is a list.

I sure hope there is a demand because I hope to emigrate there soon... Our family 457 Visa's are in the process for my husband to take up work there in Networking, so fingers X things will look good the other end :)

does anyone know if a nail tech is on the ozzy skilled occupation list?.....

Hi, I lived in Perth, western Australia, at the moment nail tech is not on the skill occupation list, and they have removed the hairdresser from skill occupation list last year I think. But I think something like skin beautician is on occupation list, not very sure. You can browse all migration info from Australia immigration website http://www.immi.gov.au
Sorry about my poor English! Hope you all understand what I said.

I just googled 'skilled occupation list australia 2012'. My daughter is planning on going this year so found this interesting. Good luck x

I'm not planning on moving there just travelling for a few months out, and would love to get the experience of working over there as a nail tech. I'll check that list out anyway thanks :)

Its not on the list unfortunately - early last year they even took sponsorship for beauty therapists away !!! Perth is a growing city and Certainly not suffering a credit crunch! I got a job in 2 days after Arrival, Pay is really good - equivalent to £16 an hour PLUS pension paid every week and get 10% bonus on everything earned over weekly target too !! Felt guilty on family back home struggling to even afford their heating while knowing how the other half live! And oh how they do live - Australia IS the lucky country & a beautiful place x

Attachments

• ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1326605834.550014.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1326605834.550014.jpg
    32.9 KB · Views: 214
We are also looking to emigrate to Oz in the next year once my husband completes his qualification. Am a bit nervous about it as its a scary thought of moving to the other side of the globe - its good to know that there are good opportunities for nail techs!

I live in Queensland and I was one of the last ones to do my nail course while it was on the skills shortage list, this was in 2007. We do need hairdressers though, I'm desperately looking for hairdressers.

The pay for a nail technician here is $17.94 for part time or full time, casual employees would be more. If you want a decent nail tech you would expect to pay $20 an hour.

I've looked on the list several times and unfortunately nail technician/beautician/massage therapist isn't on there! Id apply for a visa straight away if it was!!

Sent from my GT-I9000 using SalonGeek

There's massage therapists and make up artists..x

I moved from Leeds to Australia in 2007, i was 16 and just finished school, i always knew i wanted to be a nail tech, i opened up in late 2010 and havnt had a slow spell since *touch wood* business is booming and only getting busier, and im not the only tech in this area, i think alot of places are lacking 'real' nail technicians!

Latest posts

Back