Deplatory Waxing Help Please

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jen Smith

theHOTWAXroom
Reaction score
I am doing a Swedish Massage Course and today my model and I was chatting informally about this and that and we got onto other treatments I do. To cut a long story short..... she said she used to enjoy getting her legs and other bits waxed until she had a bad experience.

She said that she had gone to a new therapist and the wax was placed on her legs but it was very hot, much hotter than she had experienced before. She said that it hurt like hell when the strips were pulled off and there was lots of stubble and wax left on her legs. Unlike any other time before she had never experience such discomfort and wax so hot and also left on her skin.

She says since she has been left with 'chicken legs' and really bad ingrowing hairs. I told her that moisturising and exfoliating should help with the ingrowing hairs (thinking this was a recent treatment she had had) but it turns out it was 4 years ago!! I looked at her legs and they were shocking. She wasn't exaggerating at all.

What I need to know (I am seeing her again tomorrow and I am hoping to find out something that might help her problem) is is there anything she can do now to rectify the 'chicken legs' and the ingrowing hairs. There was evidence of lots of ingrowing hairs that she had already pulled out on her calves. Can a therapist damage the hair root when waxing and cause this effect or might it be something completely different.

Any advice is very much appreciated. Thanks for reading xx :hug:

all i can say is jen that i have the same problem after doing our waxing course i think because we werent experienced taht you tend to snap the hair off rather remove the hair and so ingrowing hairs but constant exfoliation i hope would help.

Latest posts

Back