dermatitis

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

redbeauty

Reaction score
Hi, I had a young girl ask me today if she would be able to have acrylic nails done she apparently has dermamtitis and works in a h/dressers, one of the beauticians in there have told her it will make her skin worse?...as I am quite a newbie, I was advertsiing the nails for £12, but not too sure as to wether this would be safe for her, I said I would let her know...any advice girls?...thanks:)

Does she have dermatitis of the skin or nails,
if it is just on her skin i don't see how having her nails done can harm her as long as your brush does not touch the skin, which i am sure it wont,
if she has dermatitis on her nails then there is no point as she will get lots of lifting,
i am guessing as she works in a hairdressers that she has contact dermatitis from all the hair solutions and constant use of water,
having nails will not harm her at all hth

As long as you dont touch the skin it should be ok. If your not sure why not get the encyclopedia of nails , its got a checklist of nail diseases and disorders that will help you.I did conditions of the skin and nails when we did manicure and ped .have you done any training on conditions of the skin and nails? tht.xx

I suffer really bad with contact dermatitis because I am allergic to dust. Perhaps thats why this woman said the nails might make it worse because of the dust involved due to filing. If its her skin (which it sounds like it is) just be careful to keep her dust free I can't see it being a problem then.

Amy
P.S you should recommend paraffin wax treatments for her to help rehydrate her skin, it really helps me!

Hi, I think it must be her skin but it didnt look to bad to me!...I think it will be because of the dust but I dont want to risk it incase anything goes wrong as Ive never had this before...so I dont wanna be the one she will complain about...:rolleyes:....thanks for your replies girls x

hiya
i suffer from contact dermatitis from hairdressing and it affects my nails and also my skin. if it was just the skin it wouldnt be a prob as long as the products are kept off the skin, but my nails are very lumpy and bumpy so get a lot of lift, and also they are sore, as tho there is a very thin layer on the nail plate and thats all!!!! feel like i can feel the products seeping into my nail and it stings like hell!!!
x

hiya
i suffer from contact dermatitis from hairdressing and it affects my nails and also my skin. if it was just the skin it wouldnt be a prob as long as the products are kept off the skin, but my nails are very lumpy and bumpy so get a lot of lift, and also they are sore, as tho there is a very thin layer on the nail plate and thats all!!!! feel like i can feel the products seeping into my nail and it stings like hell!!!
x

Thats exactly what I dont want to happen...ouch!.....:rolleyes:

Latest posts

Back