Desperate for a model on Sunday at Excel

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

zebestnails

Reaction score
Dear Geeks,

I am having a terrible time finding a model for my comp on Sunday morning and was wondering if there are any geeks that will be going to excel on sunday and have the nail beds for a comp and willing to lend a hand.

I really will appreciate the help as I am cutting it fine at the moment.

Thanks for taking the time to read this.

P.s. Good luck to all the other geeks competing.x

If you are desparate to compete and still no luck finding a model beforehand, you could try and find a suitable volunteer from the queue for the show. Sparklepink had a winning streak in doing that a couple of years ago.

Good luck!

Thanks for that Christine, If I dont find one before then I will certainly try this on the day. I just dont want the money paid to go to waste and while I am brave enough I think its worth going for it.
Will you be competing?

Thanks for that Christine, If I dont find one before then I will certainly try this on the day. I just dont want the money paid to go to waste and while I am brave enough I think its worth going for it.
Will you be competing?
I am doing Sculpting (Sunday) and Tip & Overlay (Monday). May do Salon Nails too if I feel a glutton for punishment lol!

Good Luck!. Cant do any other day but sunday so entered Sculpting. First comp anyway so i'll be greedy next time with the categories if I am not terribly wounded from this experience. Hopefully we'll get to meet. Thanks for the tip.

Good Luck!. Cant do any other day but sunday so entered Sculpting. First comp anyway so i'll be greedy next time with the categories if I am not terribly wounded from this experience. Hopefully we'll get to meet. Thanks for the tip.
I'll look out for you x

What does Sculpting involve incidentally? Might well have been interested in modelling myself, but my nail beds are probably not the best in the world (although not horrendously bad either); the only problem is that whatever gets done would have to be taken off again for work the next day! Oh well...

What does Sculpting involve incidentally? Might well have been interested in modelling myself, but my nail beds are probably not the best in the world (although not horrendously bad either); the only problem is that whatever gets done would have to be taken off again for work the next day! Oh well...

sculpting is creating an extension to the nail without the use of a pre-formed plastic tip.

You could soak off sculpts just as easy (if not quicker) than tips! Comp nails are so thin too that it doesn't take much soaking x

You could soak off sculpts just as easy (if not quicker) than tips! Comp nails are so thin too that it doesn't take much soaking x

Ah right, cool, would I just need to soak them in a load of acetone?

Ah right, cool, would I just need to soak them in a load of acetone?

Hi Ruth, Might that be an offer? Would you have a pic of your nails? Also, I'll be happy to soak off the nails after the comp and few pics of course. I'll Bring in the foil etc so you can enjoy the rest of the exhibition without having to sit in one place to get soaked off.

Hi Ruth, Might that be an offer? Would you have a pic of your nails? Also, I'll be happy to soak off the nails after the comp and few pics of course. I'll Bring in the foil etc so you can enjoy the rest of the exhibition without having to sit in one place to get soaked off.

Have just PM'ed you :)

Latest posts

Back