Detox Foot Patches

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

1999judy

Reaction score
Has anyone tried these?
I got a free sample and bought a 7 day course, you attach this little tea bag type packet to a large sticking plaster and stick it to the bottom of your foot at night. When you take it off in the morning it can be various colours from green, brown or black.
Am I being had for a mug or do they actually work?
Mine was a yucky green colour this morning but Ted thinks that it's a total con. He says that I'm an advertisers dream. (it was probably loaded with vodka and tobacco!)
What do you think?

1999judy said:
Has anyone tried these?
I got a free sample and bought a 7 day course, you attach this little tea bag type packet to a large sticking plaster and stick it to the bottom of your foot at night. When you take it off in the morning it can be various colours from green, brown or black.
Am I being had for a mug or do they actually work?
Mine was a yucky green colour this morning but Ted thinks that it's a total con. He says that I'm an advertisers dream. (it was probably loaded with vodka and tobacco!)
What do you think?
What are theese for hun? losing weight??? lol :lol:

hi there,

It does sound curious....what is it for?

Hi Judy,
I saw these trialled on a programme along with other detox programmes, think it may have been on GMTV or something like that ??

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news but it didnt get a good result at all :cry:

But I suppose these things work differently for different people ??

Hiya
My sister is a beautican and at her salon they has the one with the footbath and the water changes colour when you put your feet in and the toxins leave etc. But she informed me it is a complete cod and will always change colour...

Hi,
An old customer of mine who owns www.thedetoxclinic.com
introduced Easy Chi Detox patches, I tried these for ages and they were always the same yuky tea green colour in the morning, I gave some to friends and they all said that they were the same colour.

I think your feet naturally sweat at night so the patch absorbs your toxins and once mixed with the ingrediants (mushrooms etc) it gives off this yuk colour.
I can honestly say I dont think they did anything for me, but the detox foot spa they use was amazing the c**p that comes out of your feet in just half an hour is increadable, I did a course of ten and lost half a stone, my skin was much better and I felt really energetic.

Andrea:)

Thanks for the replies.
The patches are called detoxify. They contain wood vinegar(helps extract waste from the body), Tourmaline (promotes healing and infra red energy), Chitosan (well known for weight loss and isolating fatty tissue and dispelling it from the body safely) etc etc
I might as well finish the course I suppose! It's the same colour every night but at the end of the course it says that it should be a noticably different colour - we'll see:rolleyes:

Thanks for the replies.
The patches are called detoxify. They contain wood vinegar(helps extract waste from the body), Tourmaline (promotes healing and infra red energy), Chitosan (well known for weight loss and isolating fatty tissue and dispelling it from the body safely) etc etc
I might as well finish the course I suppose! It's the same colour every night but at the end of the course it says that it should be a noticably different colour - we'll see:rolleyes:
Hi,
our customers using this product generally confirm the benifits of using them..we have some people saying that using these has improved sleep..also some people have claimed using these has helped them quit smoking...

Hi Judy,
I saw these trialled on a programme along with other detox programmes, think it may have been on GMTV or something like that ??

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news but it didnt get a good result at all :cry:

But I suppose these things work differently for different people ??

I remeber seeing something like this too. Like someone else said it will always change colour.

On the porgramme I saw the woman who tried the product was so disgusted by what she saw on the pad in the morning decided to try oit on her 6 year old daughter to see if it was real guess what? Same thing :lol:

Ami

I tried them a while ago and to be honest I didn't notice any difference whatsoever.

Hi,
our customers using this product generally confirm the benifits of using them..we have some people saying that using these has improved sleep..also some people have claimed using these has helped them quit smoking...

I'd much rather you detailed exactly how they work?

with our modern lives we all have an excess of toxins which build up circulating in our blood streem resulting in variouse symptoms,constipation,stomach bloat,poor digestion,fatigue,weight gain,poor circulation,headaches,poor skin,depression,body odour,and even bad breath.
The soles of the feet are where most of our nerve endings are so is ideal passageway for drawing out these toxins..wood vinigar helps extract waste matter,Tourmaline promotes healing and far-infrared energy,Chitosan is well known for weight-loss and isolating fatty tissue and dispelling it out of the body safely..ingrediances also include pearl stones,highly purified silica and starch all ground together in a powered form in the sack.
Yes if you put it in tap water it will also go black..its the starch...that doesnt mean that its a trick as when applied to the soles of the feet it does "do what is claimed also"
We have reports of smokers smelling smoke in the pad after use..also people who have drunk red wine the night before claiming they smell the wine....people with colds claiming it eases the cold. Smokers trying to quit saying it has helped them enormously...reports from individuals who claim that through regular use skin conditions have vastly improved and may confirming improved sleep and sence of posativenss the following morning.
As with any herbal type product there are always those out there that claim its a con...herbal remadies all have different degrees of effectiveness on all of us..after all our metabilisims are all different.
The point is that if this works for you and you derive a posative benifit from its use then great ..if it doesnt work for you well then thats somewhat unfortunate...
Of course unless you have tried it for yourself it wouldnt be apropriate to listen to someone else who has heard from someone else etc...hence our offer for you guys to try it for free and see for yourself

with our modern lives we all have an excess of toxins which build up circulating in our blood streem resulting in variouse symptoms,constipation,stomach bloat,poor digestion,fatigue,weight gain,poor circulation,headaches,poor skin,depression,body odour,and even bad breath.
The soles of the feet are where most of our nerve endings are so is ideal passageway for drawing out these toxins..wood vinigar helps extract waste matter,Tourmaline promotes healing and far-infrared energy,Chitosan is well known for weight-loss and isolating fatty tissue and dispelling it out of the body safely..ingrediances also include pearl stones,highly purified silica and starch all ground together in a powered form in the sack.
Yes if you put it in tap water it will also go black..its the starch...that doesnt mean that its a trick as when applied to the soles of the feet it does "do what is claimed also"
We have reports of smokers smelling smoke in the pad after use..also people who have drunk red wine the night before claiming they smell the wine....people with colds claiming it eases the cold. Smokers trying to quit saying it has helped them enormously...reports from individuals who claim that through regular use skin conditions have vastly improved and may confirming improved sleep and sence of posativenss the following morning.
As with any herbal type product there are always those out there that claim its a con...herbal remadies all have different degrees of effectiveness on all of us..after all our metabilisims are all different.
The point is that if this works for you and you derive a posative benifit from its use then great ..if it doesnt work for you well then thats somewhat unfortunate...
Of course unless you have tried it for yourself it wouldnt be apropriate to listen to someone else who has heard from someone else etc...hence our offer for you guys to try it for free and see for yourself

I was actually expecting a more scientific answer than that, that's just a list of ingredients and supposed benefits, not the process of how ingredients apparently vacuum out toxins.

I must say, I've never heard of nerve endings leaking toxins before, it's a new one to me and a probably a new one to every medical professional in the land.

With every respect, it's explanations like yours that make me see foot patches are even more of a con than I thought in the first place! And even more of a con than the detox foot baths - at least you get a nice relaxing soak along with your money with those!

I do apologise ..I thought you had mearly asked "how they worked" and didnt reolise you required a full scientific explination ;0)
Clearly you remain a sceptic..which of course is entirley your call...what is somewhat a shame and more so surprising is that you are prepared to voice quiet loud critisims on something you quiet clearly know little about nor are willing to try out for yourself so as to form a more informed opinion.
Just trying to help you with your previouse posted observations of course :0))

I'm waiting for my full scientific explanation.... :green:

I think there is sufficient tecno info in the previouse description of ingrediances and how they work to provide a good insight into how these things work...there is a wealth of further infomation out there on the internet should you care to take a look see.
You seem to have missed my point which was to try for yourself if you are suspiciouse after which you would be far better placed to make an informed judjment as to the benifit of the product-my offer of free trial still stands
dont worry there is no catch as just trying to help :lol:

Hi

I have used the ones that are from Holland And Barrett they are £20.00

I think they are great although when I first start using them I cant sleep very well and find I wake up more easily.

Which is prob a good thing for me.

these patches (whichever brand) have a wonderfull side effect of aiding sleep ....next time you use them try wearing a pair of low cut sports socks...just stops the plaster from snagging on the sheets and therefore making you aware that there is something stuck to you...I love these things and they certainly make me feel so much better in the morning( a spring in the step) my wife on the other hand ,whilst she likes the benifit result, doesnt get on with having these things stuck to her feet which keeps her awake...so really its up to the benifits each individual derives from them..were all different after all...if it works for you fantastic..enjoy the sleep and benifits of the detox ;0)) if not shame but there maybe something out there that does actually work for you :)

these patches (whichever brand) have a wonderfull side effect of aiding sleep ....next time you use them try wearing a pair of low cut sports socks...just stops the plaster from snagging on the sheets and therefore making you aware that there is something stuck to you...I love these things and they certainly make me feel so much better in the morning( a spring in the step) my wife on the other hand ,whilst she likes the benifit result, doesnt get on with having these things stuck to her feet which keeps her awake...so really its up to the benifits each individual derives from them..were all different after all...if it works for you fantastic..enjoy the sleep and benifits of the detox ;0)) if not shame but there maybe something out there that does actually work for you :)

I agree its knowing that their is something stuck to your foot that can make you restless throught the night as they do feel sticky whilst they are working. but I still use them :lol:

glad you find a benift from using them....some other people mention the same thing ...try the light pair of socks trick as this usually works :)
the hubby might not like it to much (but probably no worse than having the pads stuck to your feet)but it should help ...as they say there is no gain without pain ;0)

Latest posts

Back