did these on myself

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jellytot1978

Reaction score
they look good to me.the only thing i will say is that i think you need less white as the balance of the nails dont look quite right.and it is for this reason that i would only use white tips on someone that has got long nail beds but i can understand why you used them as i dont do pink and white l&p on myself.i use natural tips with a brush on white gel its so much easier.
on the positive side they dont look thick at all so youve made a good start well done.:)

they look good not bad of a job
but a little short for me i like my nails long

I think they look great well done!:)

thankyou for your replies they were great, and for taking the time to look.

I can see the shadows from the well of the tip, if you are set on using a white tip, then I highly suggest using the CND Performance tips- there is no well to make this kind of shadow ;)

Your apex looks somewhat flat, and I would worry they would break the next day at the free edges. They look a bit flared on the free edge, something I have heard as the "egyptian hat." Try holding your file straight on the sidewalls and filing in long, single strokes to taper those sidewalls in better.

Ok, and LAST, they are not very shiny- is this on purpose? Or is it the photo?
Some prefer a more matte finish, this is why I ask to specify :)

Now that may sound like a ton of criticism, but your zones around the cuticle are nice and flush, and the application appears to be very consistent. Looks like a good beginning :)

hi,well done,you've done a good job

I agree with Heather! Not bad for a very biggining so good on you.

Check your Egyptian Hats - way too wide at the sides.
White tips are placed too far down the nail making the pink look shorter
not shiny at all (but as Heather says this may be on purpose)

Keep going - you'll be great one day!

thanks for all your comments good and bad.

I don't usually use white tips i usually do pink and white l&p, i just used them for the ease of doing them on myself, i can see what you mean about the shadowing though. They wern't very shiny because i had only put cuticle oil on them and i hadn,t buffed or topcoated them at that point.

Have taken on board the comments about being too flared at the sides and i will practise this more.

Thanks kelly

Latest posts

Back