Diets and weight loss - Ladies, you worry me.

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
For those of you who are deiting i was looking through my mag this morning and found a few helpers!

Theres a book called Eat this, Not that! Its a book where you swap food to reducefat. You dont need to eat less, just make smater decisions, like trading two pieces of pizzahuts supreme pan for two slices of thin 'n' crispy with ham and pinapple which saves 260 calories. a lady lost 30lb in six months.

And another book called The best Life Diet - it helps change your eating patterns and excersize habbits for good.Over eight weeks you eat regularly, avoid booze, ditch fizzy drinks, fried food, white bread and high fat dairy products, and work out. The plan helps you lose about 2lbs a week until you reach your goal.

hthsxx

For those of you who are deiting i was looking through my mag this morning and found a few helpers!

And don't forgot the slimming and weightloss group...in groups, here for encouragement! We've been seeing some great results in their and some very happy people :)

And don't forgot the slimming and weightloss group...in groups, here for encouragement! We've been seeing some great results in their and some very happy people :)

You got it in one! lol I actualy have heard really good things about slimming groups its well worth it, and its the safe and easy way to diet xx

Confession time: I tried my hardest to not appear on GMTV recently, simply because of my weight. I'm dreading working at Excel because I imagine that geeks will be shocked when they see me and think 'Bloody hell! I didn't realise that she was that fat'.

Oh bless you hun:hug:. You looked absolutely fab

I totally understand where you're coming from though. I didn't go to my school 20 year reunion last year even though I really, really wanted to, but I didn't want anyone to see how much weight I have gained since being ill.:cry:

Our weight isn't always about how we look but how we feel about ourselves.

Please don't worry about going to ExCel - I'm looking forward to seeing you and Andy to pick your brains - nothing else!! lol :lol:

I think how you feel about your weight has alot to do with your confidence and self-esteem

I was always a size 8-10 and for years I had tried to gain weight, i am now a size 12-14 and i love my curves. I am much more confident as i feel good about myself

but my question is will anyone ever feel 100% happy with their body or will their always be something you want to change?

but my question is will anyone ever feel 100% happy with their body or will their always be something you want to change?

I think you probably can be, yes. Well maybe about 95% lol :lol:.

I used to be able to wear any clothes I liked and always felt good in them. I never had any body issues at all. And no I'm not talking about when I was 2!!!:green:

I think how you feel about your weight has alot to do with your confidence and self-esteem

I was always a size 8-10 and for years I had tried to gain weight, i am now a size 12-14 and i love my curves. I am much more confident as i feel good about myself

I have to agree....i want to change loads and loads of stuff about my body.....!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!....
I use to be a 8-10 now i am 12-14 and i have the confidence now and when i was slimmer......i would change a lot on my body....not just weight lose x

And from the pics I've seen - you're looking great Trin. Well done!

Wow, thats some acheivement...well done you!:hug:

Thank you ladies :hug:

I've written several replies to this thread and deleted them each time as it just doesn't come out right, and I suppose that sums up the whole 'eat less, move more' conundrum :irked: it's so hard to explain why it's so hard to do.

I'm not stupid, I know if I eat less and move more I will lose weight, but it's not as simple as that. Oh god how I wish it were :cry:

I'm quite offended by the OP, but I just don't seem to be able to articulate why.

Yes it's heartbreaking that your Mum is ill, and yes you so desperately want to 'blame' someone or something, but jumping all over dieting is not the answer. Maybe it caused your Mum's problems, maybe it didn't. Maybe Cambridge is not good for you, maybe it's OK. Maybe it's better to be slimmer however you get there, than larger and putting your health at risk with other factors that will kill you.

Whatever the answer, everything in moderation, I believe is the answer. I used Cambridge to drop the bulk of my weight as I knew I would not be able to do the battle losing just a couple of pounds each week, with nearly 100lbs to lose that would be an endless road that I just couldn't face feeling as utterly defeating, depressed and disgusted with myself as I did then.

Zingara's Mum has proven it can be done, and hell that woman is an inspiration to us all :hug: If only she could bottle her will power and determination for the rest of us to taste.

In response to Brow Queen's admission about GMTV, please don't let your weight hold you back, the world needs your wisdom, wit and strength, please share it. I believe you are the kind of woman who never regrets doing something, but who would regret not doing something :hug:

I too missed out on things due to my weight, one of which was meeting with Geeg in Spain a couple of years ago because I was too ashamed to meet her due to my weight.

blah, see, it still hasn't all come out right, I get my coat :lol:

Well I for one thought it has come out great. :hug::hug::hug:

I think its come out spot on hun........you have done brill xxxx:hug:

I'm quite offended by the OP, but I just don't seem to be able to articulate why.

Yes it's heartbreaking that your Mum is ill, and yes you so desperately want to 'blame' someone or something, but jumping all over dieting is not the answer. Maybe it caused your Mum's problems, maybe it didn't. Maybe Cambridge is not good for you, maybe it's OK. Maybe it's better to be slimmer however you get there, than larger and putting your health at risk with other factors that will kill you.

Ladies let me please just clarify what I'm trying to say.

I am not jumping all over dieting at all if you read the original thread. I am jumping all over EXTREME AND FADDY DIETING WHICH CAUSES HEALTH PROBLEMS.

I know that it may be easy for someone like me to say, since I have no actual experiences of being very overweight, and I can tell by some replies that some of you are sat typing thinking "what the hell does she know?". Well, what I know is this. I have a mother who has a disorder. Well, what else can you call it when a person feels so devalued that they dare not face the outside world for fear of everyone laughing at their size, yet then they reach for high calorie foods for comfort, and will believe ANYTHING that a fancy new product claims, as long as it promises a magical cure. this is such a distorted view that it can only be described as a disorder, and it is through this disorder that people, my mum included, can completely lose sight of the fact that sensible eating and gradual weight loss is the way to go. I am NOT taking a cheap shot at people who are genuinely suffering because of their body image and are prepared to give anything a go, I am trying to remind people that the effects of drastic weight loss can be as dangerous to your health as obesity.

Sorry if I have offended anybody with this thread, this is NOT the intention, my intention is purely to point out that drastic measure have drastic effects, not all good ones.

:hug: I am so sorry if you feel you've had a negative reponse to this thread, Lord knows how it hurts to watch someone you love with all your heart go through hell, with little or no hope for a full and permanant recovery.

I think you were very brave to share your experience, but I also think that watching a person is not the same as feeling that pain yourself. Your mum is very lucky to have such a caring daughter :)

Having struggled with my weight for as long as I can remember, I can empathise with pretty much everything said in this thread. I'd just like to recommend a book which has helped me immensely - The Fat Girl's Guide To Life by Wendy Shanker. It won't make you thin but it might make you feel better about yourself, the one point that sticks in my mind is when she talks about her mother's funeral, and people talked about what a wonderful person her mum was, and not one of them said "but what a shame she couldn't get into a size 16". Whether you're trying to slim or not, it's worth a read - you don't have to be overweight to get something from it either.
I haven't explained it very well but basically she says if your weight isn't making you ill, try to live life (healthily) just as you are without feeling inferior - she is about size 22 I think but exercises and looks fab . Easier said than done I know but she's very inspiring.

xx

Last edited:
Gosh that's so true, I never thought about things from that angle before............

Having struggled with my weight for as long as I can remember, I can empathise with pretty much everything said in this thread. I'd just like to recommend a book which has helped me immensely - The Fat Girl's Guide To Life by Wendy Shanker. It won't make you thin but it might make you feel better about yourself, the one point that sticks in my mind is when she talks about her mother's funeral, and people talked about what a wonderful person her mum was, and not one of them said "but what a shame she couldn't get into a size 16". Whether you're trying to slim or not, it's worth a read.
xx

thanks for that :hug:

It is so true... xxx

Well, what else can you call it when a person feels so devalued that they dare not face the outside world for fear of everyone laughing at their size, yet then they reach for high calorie foods for comfort, and will believe ANYTHING that a fancy new product claims, as long as it promises a magical cure. this is such a distorted view that it can only be described as a disorder, and it is through this disorder that people, my mum included, can completely lose sight of the fact that sensible eating and gradual weight loss is the way to go.

[scrapes back chair and stands up] My name is Trinity and I have this disorder [sits back down]

and I have to say, probably 80% of my friends and clients, who struggle with their weight, also have the same disorder

PS - thanks for the PM Michelle :hug:

Sorry if I have offended anybody with this thread, this is NOT the intention, my intention is purely to point out that drastic measure have drastic effects, not all good ones.

No, I don't think it's being taken that way at all Chelle. It's a great thread and one that's got us all thinking. Thank you. xxx

Latest posts

Back