Difference.. Express & weekend?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hausofhana

Reaction score
I've been trained in 'artificial lash extensions' which was basically cluster lashes, but the trainer said they can be called weekend or express lashes. I call them express as I think this sounds more attractive but I'm starting to realise cluster lashes are not what many girls think express are!

In fact, when I had express lashes, they were individuals that lasted 2 weeks. I'm really unsure now!

Do I change the name? Also, if I wanted to offer express lashes, would I need to do another lash course or simply use the same technique as clusters but with individuals?

xxx

To me cluster lashes are 'weekend', or 'party' lashes. Express lashes are a technique using individual lashes. I am qualified in party lashes and semi pernameant, but wouldn't have a clue how to do express lashes. I thought you had to do a seperate course as you use the same glue as sp lashes? I'm sure another lash geek could confirm this.

I would change the name of your lashes to avoid confusion, but I know what you mean. When I qualified many moons ago, cluster lashes were called individual lashes xx

Names are always a funny thing as not all salons call it the same so you could change the name but it might be worth adding a brief description so there is no confusion with your clients.

I offer all 3 and my cluster lashes are advertised as weekend/ party lashes lasting a few days, week absolute max and I use a strip lash adhesive for these.

My express lashes are individual lashes dropped on top or woven into the natural lash, I use my semi permanent adhesive for these and book my ladies in for removal two weeks after application to avoid any damage to their natural lashes.

Then there is the semi permanent lashes extensions.

hth

H x

Latest posts

Back